Friday, August 28, 2020

Cooler Temps Moving In

 August 28, 2020

Good morning.  Today is sunny, and temps aren't supposed to get any higher than eighty degrees.  An awesome day!  For the next week, temps should stay cooler.  I think it's porch season finally.  

I'm watching for delivery trucks today, tomorrow and Monday.  (from different places)  It's the new way of shopping for many of us.  I'm not complaining though, I'm actually thankful for the convenience.  A trip out to a physical store every now and then is nice though.  

I want to share something I found online yesterday.  It's a gorgeous crocheted wedding dress.  I wouldn't have the patience to make something like this, but it is beautiful.  


If anyone wants this pattern, it's available in the Spring 2017 issue of Crochet Magazine.  Back issues can be found online at www.anniescatalog.com.

In my younger days, I didn't mind tackling bigger and more complicated crochet projects, but not so much anymore.  Now I like my patterns smaller and simpler.  But I can still appreciated the work and beauty of the more intricate patterns.

I also picked up a few more really pretty blanket and afghan patterns.  Here's one of them.  This pattern is called "Cluster Waves."  You can find it at All Free Crochet Afghan Patterns.

While I was out on the porch to get the mail this morning, I noticed that the hummingbird feeder looks empty or close to it.  So, I think I'd best make up another bottle of food for these tiny birds.  I love seeing them when they come to feed.

My cousin is supposed to call me this afternoon to let me know how she made out with her insurance company.  The storms that rolled through Pennsylvania this week dropped a huge pine tree on my cousins craft cottage (a shed containing all her craft materials and projects) and everything is destroyed.  The tree just missed her car and her house.  I'm just so thankful that Anita and her hubby did not get hurt.

Now I think I'll go make that bottle of hummingbird food.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That wedding dress looks beautiful! What a patience had the one who made it.

Oh gosh, I am so soory to hear about your cousin's misfortune! Hopefully the insurance company will pay for the costs to rebuild and loss of materials too.

You're likeme now, I too love easier patterns, the ones you can use when also watching tv, LOL.

Hav a great time at the porch now that ou can sit there in nice temperature.
Till Sunday!
Hugs
kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Stunningly beautiful and elegant wedding dress !
The Hummers will soon be leaving to fly south, I've noticed more and more of them passing through...
Rain and more rain in our little town, tornadoes dancing everywhere :(
Stay safe !
Hugs,
~Jo

Beth Reed said...

Edna, That wedding dress is just stunning. I would never have the patience to make anything that delicate. I do love the blue afghan as well. What a lovely shade of blue.

Such a shame about your cousins shed with the pine tree destroying everything but also a Blessing that Anita and her husband were not injured.
The insurance is nuisance to deal with but hopefully they will take care of her and replace her shed and extra for her projects and materials.

I know that you and Pogo will love having some cooler weather for your porch time. We were at 103 today. I don't know if the temp was any higher. I just seen that on my phone right after we talked. It is dark thirty here now but the heat is still like a sauna. I took some dirty towels to the garage to put them in the laundry bin and the heat hit me in the face pretty hard. I couldn't wait to get back into the air conditioning.

Enjoy your evening and I will chat with you tomorrow.. Hugs to you and Pogo... Lots of love to the both of you. xoxoxoxo

Theresa said...

Oh dear, that wedding dress is GORGEOUS! You could make it for sure:) Love the afghan design too! Enjoy your day dear friend and thanks for the reminder to check the hummingbird feeder! HUGS!

Kathy said...

I would love to crochet that wedding dress. And in my younger days I would. But my hands are too bad to do it these days. I am like you -- simple and easy.

Glad to hear your weather is cooling off. Wish ours would. Just a tad. I'm not ready for cold weather yet.

So sorry to hear about the tree that fell on your cousin's shed. Glad it was just the shed and not a person. A tree branch fell onto my sister's house. No damage to the house, but it took down her fence.

Steve Reed said...

Wow! A crocheted wedding dress! That takes some serious ambition. But how great, for someone to be able to say they made their own wedding dress.