Wednesday, August 19, 2020

A New Toy For Me?

August 19, 2020

Good morning.   Today should be sunny with temps in the upper seventies.  This is great because I'm going out later this morning to buy me a new toy.  Is this absolutely necessary?  In a way, yes.  

My phone has been getting rather hot lately if I use it for a while.  I looked it up and it means the battery needs to be replaced.  After checking around, I did not find anyone who actually provided this service.  I did find lots of information on how to do it myself.  However, it also mentioned the dire consequences of not doing it properly.  

Whoa!  That's where I draw the line.  I do not want to cook my phone and lose everything that is in it.  If I can make crunchy spaghetti sauce, then you know I can definitely mess up battery replacement.  I did a lot of research on my particular phone, and found that it will no longer be getting security updates from Samsung.  (I have the Samsung Galaxy S7)  

I checked out the new models for the Samsung Galaxy, and it seems that the best one for me to get now would be the Galaxy S10.  The S20 is very expensive (all the phones are) and isn't a lot more different than the S10.  My phone takes great photos, so that's why I stick with the Samsung Galaxy.  When I can't carry my camera with me, I want to be able to count on my phone to get me decent photos.  

I do have a question though.  Whatever happened to the Galaxy S11 through S19?  My mind has not been taken over by feebleness, yet I do not remember ever seeing these models.  Had I seen any of them, I most likely would have upgraded my phone much earlier.  After a bit of research, I learned that Samsung decided to skip right over these numbers and jump to the S20 to keep up with new and upcoming technology.  Hmmm.  

Enough tekkie talk.  I want to share this funny image that I borrowed from the web.  Can you imagine?  Are these people twisted?  They walk and protest in person to protest voting in person?  Aye yi yi!  When I vote, I want to physically see my vote be put right into the ballot box.  


Here's another beauty that I borrowed from the web.  This would be funny if it wasn't so true.  Yes, some folks really do get more than one ballot.  Plus, they go to dead folks, folks who have moved away, family pets and non citizens.  


I have an update on my friend Beth.  She is in the hospital with pneumonia.  I have not heard the results of her Covid test yet.   Get well soon my friend.  Pogo and I are sending prayers for your speedy recovery.  

Now I'm going to finish my coffee and decide what to wear to the phone store.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

P.S.  To make crunchy spaghetti sauce, first you need to cook the meat until it is crispy and black.  Then add the rest of the ingredients to the pan, mix well and let simmer for a while.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Unfortunately, phones are very hard to repair. (The phone companies like it that way, so we have to buy a new one!) I hope you can get yours replaced without too much expense. The camera should be as good if not better.

The marchers may be protesting on behalf of people who are unable to vote in person and rely on the mail. There are plenty of those people out there. (Like me!) Although there have been unusual cases where people (or pets) have been mailed ballots, I haven't heard of people trying to return them or vote fraudulently with them.

I'm so sorry to hear about Beth! I didn't realize she was in the hospital. I'll try to send her a message on Facebook.

Theresa said...

Crunchy spaghetti made me giggle. I have been thinking about replacing my phone but like you said, they are so expensive. Prayers for Beth and better days ahead! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Martha said...

Sounds like perfect weather! Now you have me worried, I have a Samsung 7 too. Guess I better start looking into a new one too. You cracked me up with crunchy spaghetti sauce!! Have a great day :)

smiekeltje said...

I think you are doing the right thing to buy yourself a new phone.

Oh gosh, Beth in hospital with pneumonia??? That isn;t good news at all. I will send a prayer for her "upstairs".

I'm nt sure if I would like your crispy sauce, haha.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

Phones seem to be disposable these days, but oh so expensive to replace. Hope you like the new one you get. I had to laugh at your recipe. It sounds like something I would make.