Sunday, November 1, 2020

Say "Hello" to November

 November 1, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cloudy and much warmer than it was yesterday.  Temps yesterday barely got out of the twenties.  Brrr!  Today's temp is in the forties.  Definitely much better.  We may even get rain later this afternoon that might wash away the snow.  

As much as I'm not crazy about the snow, I have to admit it does present some really beautiful photo opps.  This first photo shows how beautiful my maple trees out front are with all the golden yellow leaves showing through the snow.  (If you click on it, you can see the colors better)


And this photo shows how pretty the "pond" side of the yard is.  This is the area that turns into a pond whenever it rains.  The snow turns it into a wonderland with the weight of the wet snow pulling the tree branches way down to the ground.  


Today is the beginning of a brand new month, so here's the November page from my calendar.


Halloween was quiet for Pogo and me.  It was just too darn cold for us to take part in the annual broom ride.  Between the cold and Covid, we felt it best if we stayed home this year.  Some of my friends did fly in for a few moments to say "hello."  It was so good to see them.  Hopefully, next year Pogo and I will be able to join them on this festive occasion.

They've been advertising some small "warmers" on TV lately.  I wonder if maybe they would be good to have in my pockets when Pogo and I go "riding."  Hmmm, I'll have to look into this. I could even put one inside Pogo's sweater and it would keep him toasty warm.  Sounds like a good plan. 

I don't have any special plans for today except to put the trash together and wash a few dishes.  I do have one of my last minute projects to finish.  Yup, I found me a few small last minute projects that need to be done before Christmas.  Somehow I always do find some.  

Now I'm going to make a cup of hot mullein tea (yup, I drink tea too) and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Buttercup said...

Thankfully no snow yet in NYC, but yesterday morning was a nippy 35 degrees. It's warmer today and I'll be out walking and doing a few errands. I've got a list of staples I'm running low on, and time to do some restocking. I've got pictures to sort and a blog post to write, too. Take care!

smiekeltje said...

I think it was wise to stay home and not go out for the Halloween ride on your broom. it's a pity, but I was thinking of you yesterday late evening, because we had a full moon so beautiful and looking at it you came into my mind!

We have some warmer temperatures today too, but it isn;t nice weather, very fierce wind and rainshowers off and on.

Stay warm and cosy, have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Beautiful snow! I don't blame you for staying inside and staying warm!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, we really enjoyed the snow as well, Edna, and all from the comfort of out apt windows. I did venture outside by the apt entry in late afternoon for a few pics. The snow on the trees was pretty even if the colors were not quite done yet. Portable heaters sound like a good idea!

Beth Reed said...

I love the photos of the snow and the pond is just so pretty. I don't blame you and Pogo for staying home and staying warm. There are many opportunities for a beautiful ride later in the year.
Oh the handwarmers are nice and they sell them at CVS and Walgreens for about a dollar a package. I use to buy them for Matthew when he was working for the railroad and he would put them in his gloves and in his pockets. He even stuck a couple in his hat haha.
I am off to read more blog posts (Smile) xoxoxo