Friday, November 13, 2020

Cooler Temps Are Back

November 13, 2020

Good morning.  Today is gray, a speck wet and cooler.  Temps are 48F degrees.  I'm not complaining but I do miss the great weather we were treated with here in New England.  I keep thinking "Spring will be here soon."

I've been a busy bee this morning.  I wrote a letter to a friend, chased down some spam email.  It said it was my cable company trying to do updates but it was a fake.  I called the cable company to check it out.  I have several housecoats (dusters) and it's time to wash them all.  I went through all the pockets and came up with a nice tidy sum of money.  I tend to put any change in my pockets.  It means a nice surprise on laundry day.

Last night we welcomed a new dwarf to our house.  It was such a delight chatting with him.  He is to be moved in by next Friday.   Let's hope nothing comes up to change these plans.  It will be nice to have an almost full house again.  

I found an ad online that I thought should be shared.  If you live near a Petco, this could be a handy blessing for you.  Check it out.

Yesterday WalMart delivered my recent order.  It was time to re-stock up on alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.  And lens wipes.  My eyeglasses seem to pick up any bit of lint or whatever that comes by.  I'm always having to clean them.  

While I was out on the porch checking the order, I took this photo of some of the leaves that cover my whole yard.  Raking them up is rather pointless because there are leaves still falling.  I have to say though, they really are very pretty.

The morning is quickly going by and I want to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Good you checked with the cable company. We always have to be sooooo careful with those kind of mails.
Fall is coming to us, although till now we still have rather good temperatures, higher than usual.

I have small wipes for my glasses, they are great. But now first have to have my eyes checked and may be cataract operation, that i don;t know yet. And a while after that, I can get myself a new pair of glasses, finally.

Nice you had a pleasant chat with the new dwarf. And good to know you have more peaople around now in the house.

Okay, time to have hopefully a nice Fraiday evening as start for the weekend, LOL. Soon there will be the weekly quizz Jan and i like to watch.

Have a great day, cuddle for Pogo.
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

Finding money in your pockets is always a good thing. One time I found $20 in the pocket of my winter coat. I had put it there and then put the coat away for the summer. That was a nice surprise!
I don't rake my leaves either. I let them go to mulch to feed the grass for the next summer.
Hope you have a good weekend.

Theresa said...

Yeah to a new guest, how many are there when it is full? Just curious:) I love finding money in pockets, I do that too! The leaves are beautiful! My husband was out blowing leaves last night and he said as soon as he blew them, they were falling again! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Unexpected money finds are always nice, especially when we can’t remember putting it in a pocket and good to check before laundry day. That said I have “laundered” money and he has served. We no longer have any leaves to rake, and in ways I miss that autumn chire...in other ways not and now just enjoy walking through them.

Beth Reed said...

A new dwarf and finding money in pockets is always such a great surprise. When my kids were in school I would sneak money into their pockets and they would find it and it was always a small blessing from mama to them.
The summer before Jonathan left for college in Arizona he had gotten a nice sum of money for Graduation and had bought new jeans to take with him to college. I washed them and he packed them into his suitcase.
I had probably started saving money several months before and when he was at work I went thru his suitcase and put what I had saved into his pockets for him to find.
Back then for long distance calls I would buy prepaid calling cards with anywhere from 60 minutes on up. Some were just 30 minutes but it was so great for him to call home and not worry about a high phone bill.

Edna thank you so much for posting the Petco information. That is a great big huge savings and we need it for Olly and Foxy. I will be checking that out first thing tomorrow!
Big Hugs to you and Pogo. xxooo