Thursday, November 19, 2020

Goodies In The Mail

November 19, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray and nippy outside so far.  The temperature is 27F degrees, but it might get up to at least forty degrees by early afternoon.  It should warm up a few degrees through the night and into tomorrow.  

The Fed Ex man brought me quite a nice surprise yesterday afternoon.  Two boxes.  One box had some gifts that I had ordered, and the other box held all my new calendars.  Wowsie!  The calendars came two days earlier than expected.  

One more reason to love that Vista Print company.  They are having a great Black Friday sale starting November 27th with up to 60% off everything.  The code to use at checkout is 20BFCM.  The sale runs through December 1st.  

The mailman also brought me a package.  This was a crochet booklet and CD  that I had ordered, called 500+ Crochet Stitches.  I thought it might be interesting, and it is!


I've looked through a lot of the stitch patterns on the CD and some of them are really nice.  I'm hoping to learn some new stitches.  

Today I'm going to be able to wrap and package a few items.  Woo Hoo!  I'd like to get a few boxes out of here by the weekend.  One is already to go, one just needs its label and one is waiting to be packed.  Slowly, I'm getting there.  My cards will be here soon and I can start addressing the envelopes.  I like to send them out the beginning of December.  

On this happy note, I think I'll get started on wrapping and writing labels.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.







5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh, that booklet looks nice and wow 500 crochet stitches on the CD. You will have a busy time LOL! Trying out ome stitches may be the beginning of a new project. You could make squares and later put them togetcher for a small or bigger blanket/afghan.

How quick your calendars were there. That is real speed of Vista.

Happy wrapping and labelling, hahaha. But you see, you will get there in time!

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Edna, So happy for you. Your new book looks very interesting. Oh the things you will make. :) We are having another of those wicked windy days here. I am really not a big fan of this kind of wind. Hope you are safe and well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Suemn said...

I can't believe there are still crochet stitches that you've never used before. I love all the projects that you've shown in your blog since I began reading it. I should learn to crochet but haven't taken the time to learn yet. Do any of your daughters know how to crochet?

Theresa said...

Yeah to getting the calendars early. You have a jumpstart on me, I have shopped but no wrapping yet. Better get moving:) I have never used Vista Print but will certainly take a peek! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the info on the Vistaprint sale, Edna, which I might check out. It is nice to get surprises in the mail, even if things you have ordered. And, like yourself, I am looking forward to starting my holiday cards very soon.