Wednesday, November 4, 2020

I Voted

 November 4, 2020

Good morning.  Yesterday I voted, and today I turned 81 years young.  Yup, today is my birthday and it's also my daughter Laura Jean's birthday.  She's fifty five today.  This photo (that I've cropped) was taken last November shortly after my 80th birthday.  I looked in the mirror, and I don't really look any different now.

This morning I opened my package that's been sitting here tempting me for days.  Oh my, Kyra, you are a doll.  I don't have anything like these in my doll collection.  These are adorable.  I love them.  Thank you so much.

I took a photo of my new dollies.  The birthday card is behind them.  And look at all that yummy chocolate candy!

My cousin Anita called me to sing Happy Birthday to me.  I have a package from her coming today or tomorrow.  Something is being delivered today from Deanne and Eddie, and another package is coming in a day or two from Audrey.  It's really awesome being so spoiled!  

Last evening, I watched the election results all evening until I finally had to close my eyes and call it a day.  I watched a bit this morning, and I'll wait until later today to watch it again.  

So far today, I've wrapped two gifts and packaged one of them.  Woo Hoo!  There's still quite a ways to go, but at least it's a start.  This post is going to be short because if I wait too long to get back to that wrapping, I won't get there at all. So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

10 comments:

Dee Jaynes said...

Happy Birthday Mom - we love you <3

Terra said...

Happy birthday. I like your new adorable dolls, a thoughtful gift. Chocolate too, yum.

smiekeltje said...

And all over again Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!
And also to Laura Jean, of course.

They do look cute, those dollies, isn;t it????? LOL.

And you will have a lot more presents today and in the coming days, whoopee!

Good girl, that you already wrapped some presnets for Christmas. On you go now.

Oh, I brought your Cristmasbox to the post today. I am curious to see how long it will take to arrive.

Have a beautiful day, dear friend.
Hugs
Kyra

Jan said...

Happy birthday! It's such fun to see you being spoiled...enjoy your year!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wishing you a Happy, Happy, Birthday Ms. Edna, I hope you are having a lovely special day !
Hugs,
~Jo

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, hapy birthday beautiful lady! I seriously and sincerely mean those words! Your photo is so beautiful. I Love how you always look so happy. Makes me smile even more.Oh the doll and the rest of that amazing gift. You are so loved. Can't wait to see what else is coming your way. Have a blessed day and keep praying. I have prayers about our election and will continue to do so. HUGS and MUCH LOVE XO XO

stamps3223 said...

Happy Birthday I'm a Scorpio too I'm on the 17th my oldest grandson is the 15th one of my daughter-in-laws was the 2nd also a cousin has who one the 17th and my anniversary on the 19t. November a very busy month. Hope you had a wonderful day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet girlfriend! You really do look fantastic! And how nice to get some special gifts. You KNOW I love dolls and this little girl in her winter outfit is adorable! Happy Birthday to Laura Jean too! How special to share a birthday. I hope you are eating some of that chocolate tonight and celebrating all week long. Birthday hugs coming your way, Diane

Steve Reed said...

Happy birthday, Edna! I'm glad you got some fun gifts. Chocolate is ALWAYS welcome!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Apologies, Edna, on my belated Happy 🎂 Birthday wishes and you are in the company of 2 other friends who both celebrated birthdays on election day itself. I was glad to read you had such a great day and the gifts were so much fun and very cute too! How wonderful to share your birthday with Laura Jean. I shared mine with a cousin, who passed this year. Enjoy the chocolate and all the well wishes and celebrate the whole year because this one only comes once, my friend, and you deserve all the happiness❤️