Friday, November 6, 2020

Mailbox Full Of Surprises!

 November 6, 2020

Good morning.  Pogo and I are loving these extra days of beautiful Spring weather.  We have sunshine with a few clouds, and temps in the upper sixties today.  Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's mail brought some delightful surprises.  First package contained a gorgeous Diamond painting (kits sold at Herrschners.com.  My cousin Anita had made this for me.  This is what my Pogo looked like as a young puppy.  Awesome!  (in person, this is framed and a lot brighter)  Anita, thank you so much.  I love it!


Shortly after this arrived, Deanne came by after work and brought me a gift from one of her co-workers.  What a surprise!  I don't know the person, and yet she sent me a gift.  There are so many wonderful folks in this world, and I'm finding all of them.  The gift is great!  I use these small purses to keep my craft tools in, and tis now the season to wear these comfy furry socks.  Thank you, Ma'am.  I'm going to enjoy  these.


Then another package came for me.  This one was a container of the most delicious chocolates from Audrey.  Yum, Yum!  It's no secret that I absolutely love chocolates.  Thank you Audrey.  I was good.  I did not eat them all last evening.  I figure just a few each evening and they'll last longer.  hahaha.  


I feel so pampered.  And Blessed.  And it feels wicked good!  I wish a birthday like this for everyone.  

An ad for a new magazine, Whole Dog Journal, came in the mail a few days ago.  It contained a really good tip about acupressure that every dog owner should know.  It's taught in almost every canine first-aid class. If your dog suffers a seizure or traumatic injury and loses consciousness, this could save your dog's life until you can get veterinary care.


(Simply rest one hand comfortably on your dog, and place your other thumb just above your dog's upper lip, halfway between his nose and mouth and gently apply about 2 pounds of pressure for approximately 30 seconds.  It should help your dog regain consciousness.)

I hope you never need to use this, but if you do, I hope this helps.

I have no special plans for today.  Whatever comes my way, will be.  I seem to accomplish more when I don't make a project list for the day.  My breathing seems to be a bit better today so I'm hopeful that I can get a few things done.  

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

What wonderful presents. And so nice of the co-worker of Deanne to send you a gift.

Glad your breathing is a bit better. I was worried a little bit seeing you with the oxygen, although I know you do need it at times.
Just take it easy, but perhaps you can do a few small things and thenthere is always tomorrow LOL.

We too have couple of lovely days ahead, for all tomorrow and Sunday temperatures should go up to 14-15C with sunshine and almost no wind. Perfect!

Now have a lovely day and stay safe!

Hugs
Kyra

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I'd never heard of Diamond Painting till a couple of days ago when a little boy who lives nearby showed me his picture of the Incredible Hulk (made by his mum). I think your picture is the more attractive - though don't tell my young neighbour! Take care.

Theresa said...

What great collection of birthday surprises🎁 Enjoy each gift and those yummy treats! Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That gift of Pogo in a painting was lovely and what a wonderful surprise from your cousin. And chocolates could be my downfall as well, but like you I try to make the treats last a while. Glad your breathing was better, Edna. Also that was a good tip for dog owners.

Anne Robinson said...

You are simply just the cutest friend! Thanks for sharing your goodies. I once received a package of Harry & David truffles and I hid them and ate one every other day until they were gone. They were heavenly and so smooth and delicious. Hee hee hee