Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thank You. I Had An Awesome Day!

November 5, 2020

Good morning, and what a pretty morning it is!  The sun is shining and it's already 53F degrees and working towards the low sixties.  Woo Hoo!  Actually, we have about a whole week of awesome temps scheduled for us.  Sounds like some more porch time for Pogo and me.

I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful Birthday wishes.  It was such a fun, special day, and I have some photos to share.  Daughter Deanne came by after work and we had our own little party.  Balloons, beads, funny party hats and a special cake!  (I don't have a mask on because I can barely breathe when I'm wearing one.)


Deanne took video of me opening my special birthday present.  hahahahaha.  It was such fun that we decided  to do it over.  Deanne made a video this time too.  I couldn't decide which video to share, so I'm sharing both of them.  We were on my little porch and you can see (and hear) Pogo too.  You gotta love that silly hat!


You can find these cakes at Sendacake.com.  They sure do liven up a party!

Dinner last evening was great too.  Deanne had made spinach lasagna and brought me over a plateful.  Yum! Yum!  Even Pogo liked it.  Of course, I shared!    The strawberry cake was supposed to be my dessert, but I was full up with lasagna.  But soon it will be time for lunch and guess what I'm having with my lunch!

You know what else was so special yesterday?  I got Birthday wishes from two cousins that I've never even met.  (But I will as soon as I can.)   And I got phone calls and messages from so many of my grandchildren.  I really am Blessed.

I found out that my great grandchildren, Jack and Lilah did not know that they are descendants of the Mayflower pilgrims.  So, I went online and found a copy of our book, 300 Years of Louds In America. (The book was researched and written by a cousin, and published in 1980.)  I bought it and it's being mailed to them.  I just know they are going to enjoy this book.

Now I'm going to watch a re-run of Law & Order Criminal Intent.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Buttercup said...

Belated birthday wishes! So glad you had a great celebration and I especially enjoyed the videos. Hope you and Pogo enjoy the good weather.

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, those video's are hilareous!!!!! Jan and I watched them both and had to laugh out loud with them both. Superidea of Deanne!

I am so glad you had a great day and so many birthdaywishes by post or phone, you just deserve it.

And lovely the weather will be nice enough to have some porchtime. Here too it is rather nice, on Saturday it will be probably the best day.

Have a beautiful day!
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a fun birthday surprise 😂 I've never seen those sweet cakes, they sure make you laugh...
Hugs,
Jo

Theresa said...

Happy belated birthday my friend🎂. Looks like it was a perfect one. Hope today is good day too🥰. It sounds like you and Pogo will enjoy the weather! Hugs

Suemn said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a fun and, I'm sure, delicious birthday gift. I love the tall birthday hat that you were wearing:)

savannah said...

Happy birthday miss Edna!!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Edna for sharing your birthday 🎂 surprises with us and the first video was so much fun to see your surprise when those butterflies flew out. Your family and friends certainly made sure you had a special day, great for you!

Annesphamily said...

You are so very blessed. Loved your surprise and the video was too sweet. HUGS across the miles XO XO XO