Friday, November 20, 2020

Getting Into The Spirit

November 20, 2020

Good morning.  It's early so it is still rather gray outside, but the temps are a bit warmer.  It's 46F degrees and will climb to the mid fifties this afternoon with some sunshine.  Sounds good to me!

Yesterday turned out to be a good day.  I managed to get a few gifts wrapped, and three packages ready for mailing.  After wrapping for a while, it was time to stop and pay some bills that need to go out in this morning's mail.  

After supper, I crocheted for a while, adding another twenty rows to the pocket shawl.  My day was busy, and now it was done.  Today I'll try to get another package ready for mailing.  It feels good to be getting some of this done.  I'll be able to take my time addressing envelopes next week.

My cactus plants are starting to bloom now.  I haven't checked them all yet to find out which season cactus they are, but I will soon.  This particular plant is the Thanksgiving Cactus, according to Google, and it's a pale pinkish lilac color.

One of these days, I'm going to order a Christmas Cactus with yellow blossoms.  I saw a picture of one and it was just beautiful.  (photo borrowed from Google)

Ah well, the morning is slipping by and the sun is shining now.  It's time for me to get started on this new day.  Let me leave you with another little Holiday box from Dover.  

I'm off now.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, you really come into the spirit! Good for you LOL.
Those cactus plants are lookig beautiful Jan also has two(one öriginal"and one made from a cutting from it) and they are starting to make buds too.

It was a good day for me too, and now it is time to relax.

Have a wonderful day, stay saf
Big hug
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That is a beautiful cactus bloom, Edna. I am not goo with plants and the only one I have now is a rosemary one used for cooking, so soon it will be gone. yes, the milder temps are nice but I really prefer the coolder ones from last week. Nice to get surprises in the mail!

Theresa said...

Sounds like a perfect and productive day to me! My cactus is full of bright pink blooms and I love them! Enjoy your Sunday dear friend, HUGS!