Thursday, November 26, 2020

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

 November 26, 2020

Good morning.  Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone.  Celebrating may be different this year, but we can all still be together with our loved ones.  We have phones, tablets and laptops.  We can even video phone.  It's not quite the same, but it can bring us all together in a new way.  For this, we are thankful.

Pogo and I had a quiet, but nice, day yesterday.  I wrote a couple letters and gave them to the mailman.  My Christmas cards had come in the mail the day before.  At least half of them are now ready for a stamp and mailing.  I will wait till the beginning of the new month to mail them.  Later today I'll see about getting the rest of the cards ready for mailing.  (I can't believe I'm really on time this year.)

A couple gifts that I had ordered also arrived in the mail.  I wrapped one of them.  Well, it's a start.  I had ordered a set of wrapping bags from Home Shopping and they also arrived in the mail.  They really are nice, and they make wrapping rather fun.  I may even order another batch of them.

I found a list of foods that your dog can, and can not, have today.  Poor Pogo.  He's very picky and will probably only eat the light meat turkey from the "TO" list.  Hmmm, maybe I can mix some doggie food in with the turkey.  


I did not do any crocheting yesterday, so maybe tonight after supper I'll work on the blue pocket shawl for a while.  I want to finish it because my new yarn order should be here next week and I want to try making those scrubby dish cloths.  

Soon it will be time for dinner so I'll take my leave now and do some blog reading.  Let me leave you with another image borrowed from the web.


Y'all be safe and enjoy your Thanksgiving Day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You are right that hanksgiving is different, but lucky there are all kind of possibilities to get in touch with loved ones. In person, hugging eachother is the best, but this year it isn't possibile, so thanks for media we can use!!!

Hope you will have a quiet, but happy Thanksgiving and that Pogo will like his variation of a Thanksgiving dinner(LOL).

Have a just wonderful, fantastic day
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ms. Edna and little Pogo, hope you have lots to eat and a lovely day to reflect on our many blessings. I consider you and Pogo one of mine :)
Hugs,
Jo

Kathy said...

Hope you and Pogo had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Everything is different this year, but it won't last forever. My Jack wouldn't eat anything but the turkey meat either.