Friday, November 27, 2020

SMILE

November 27, 2020

Good morning.  Today is a mix of gray and a bit of sunshine with temps in the mid fifties.  Actually quite nice.  Let's enjoy it because Winter is only a few weeks away.  

Yesterday was a day filled with great food and lots of love.  Joe cooked a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner for everyone in the house to enjoy.  And they did!  Pogo and I had some too, and it was delicious.  Mid afternoon, Kevin and Jazzy came by to bring me a big bag filled with lots of Thanksgiving goodies.  Oh my, there was two whole meals.  Pogo and I had some of this for our supper and oh my, YUM YUM!

Just before the kids showed up, a box from Audrey was delivered.  This contained homemade Cranberry Sauce, Cherry Jam and Cranapple Butter.  Some for me and some for Deanne's family.  Let me tell you, the Cranapple Butter is scrumpdillyicious.  

For my snack last night, I had deviled eggs and celery stuffed with cream cheese and olives.  Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm!  I bet you can't guess what Pogo and I will be having for supper today.  Did you say turkey?  Yup, I'll cut up some turkey and green beans and sprinkle it on Pogo's doggie food.  And I'll have me another turkey dinner with some homemade cranberry sauce.

I was searching for something on the net and came across this beauty.  Do any of you remember wearing these saddle shoes as kids?  Some had brown saddles, others had black saddles.  They were popular when I was in grade school, and here they are today for $60.99.

I guess it's true.  Everything has its day and then comes around again later on.  So where are the maxi dresses?  I'm waiting for some of these because they are so comfortable.  Maybe a couple in warm flannel and a couple in no-iron cotton.  That should hold me for a while.

Here's another image that I found on the web.  I wanted to share it because it really is so very true.  We are what the other person sees and hears when they meet with us.  

I've been playing around on the web all morning and now it's time to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh gosh, you had a terrific and for all tasty Thanksgiving! nice of Joe to cook for the whole house.
And then all the goodies Kevin and Jeanette brought and the box from Audrey, sounds all delicious.

I remember those kind of shoes too, and I think I might have had them too, but I am not 100% sure. The shoes look real cool(that's my opinion) and yes, lots of things of days behind us come back again as trendy!

Have a wonderful day, and enjoy all the goodies once more.
Hugs
Kyra

savannah said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and pogo.
Enjoy the season and the goodies

Theresa said...

I was at the car dealership and read your blog post. I just realize my comment didn’t go or maybe you will get two😳. Anyway. It sounds like you had a doubly good Thanksgiving🦃. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Jan said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Guess I can wish that as long as the food lasts.

Suemn said...

I'm not sure whether I'll have a turkey dinner for supper tonight but I had pumpkin pie for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch:) I also plan to make a turkey Noodle soup on Saturday. Yay!

Susie said...

I always loved saddle shoes. We could never afford them growing up. Hope you are enjoying the weather. I am ready for spring Edna. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sounds like you and Pogo had a wonderful holiday celebration, Edna, with lots of delicious food and leftovers are the best part. We also cooked a full turkey dinner for our party of two and today I made turkey soup. Later this weekend, turkey pot pie will be a dinner meal.