Monday, November 16, 2020

It's Getting Cold, Bring Your Pets Indoors

 November 16, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is fifty degrees.  On and off all day we should be having clouds overhead and the temperature will start dropping by mid afternoon.  Tomorrow morning will only be in the thirties.  

Yesterday I dug out my snuggily warm blanket wrap.  I look like a fuzzy lavender blob wearing it, but oh my, it is so warm!  I like this lavender tent.  It's perfect for curling up to watch TV.  Pogo likes to curl up in it too.

Last evening, I finished the crochet project that I was working on and now I just have to sew it together.  I also worked on my Christmas card.  It's about half done.  Maybe later I'll finish it.  Today I'm tired so I'm not sure how much I'll get done.  

I've decided that my next project will be a shawl with pockets.  I just have to decide on the color.  My hands need to keep busy when I'm just sitting watching TV or relaxing.  If I don't have a crochet hook in my hand, I feel like something is amiss.  Strange!

Temps are going to be getting cold now folks, it's time to bring all your pets indoors.  Seriously, if it's too cold for you to stay outside, then it's too cold for your pets.


And don't forget to put a coat or even maybe boots on your doggies when you take them out for a walk.  If it's cold enough for you to wear a coat, then you know your dog needs one too.  The pads on their feet stick to the ice and snow, so try putting boots on them.  After a while, they'll get used to them and than you for them.

Now I think I'll have me a little nap before I start reading blogs.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Those fuzzy blankets for wrapping yourself in are wonderful. I like all that is fuzzy and soft especially when it is getting colder.

If you are tired, just do what is necessary, and that is taking a nap! after it you will feel better again.

Wondering what colour you will go for for the new crochet project.

I did accomplish a few small things today, so that's okay.

Now knitting time and tv time for me, we just had our dinner and I washed the dishes etc.
Have a fantastic nap and wonderful day!
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wonderful advise to keep our pets warm and safe, we have a cold wind blowing today, and Tom-Tilly cat is snuggled in her bed next to the hearth.
Your shawl sounds beautiful!
Hugs,
Jo

Susie said...

I do not like to think of pets being cold. I wish people would take care of their pets right, or just not get them. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was very good advice for pets and humans, Edna. Today was very overcast and almost looked like it could snow, but didn't. Yes, to warm cozy blankets and we have a new fleece comforter that feels so comfy.
Just a heads up to let you know your snail-mail letter arrived today (thanks) and one will be on its way back to you by the end of the week.