Monday, November 30, 2020

Just Keeping Busy

November 30, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray today and the temperature will be in the upper fifties.  Around seven tonight and throughout the night, temps will rise to sixty degrees.  Of course, it will be raining and dark outside, and very late.  Most of us will be sleeping and miss the warm temps.  

Yesterday I ordered the buttons for the pocket shawl that I've been working on.  They should be here by Wednesday.  By then the shawl will be finished too and I'll be able to take a photo to share.  Yesterday I finished crocheting the shawl and pinned the pockets in place.  I've sewed around the sides of one of the pockets, and I'll do the other one later today.  

I really like this shawl, so I just might have to make one for myself.  I'll have to take a look through my yarn stash to see what color I may have that will be for my shawl.  That, of course, will be an all day job.  I love all my yarn so it will be very difficult to pick just one color.  Sighhhhhhhhhh.

I haven't read any books lately, so I think I'd like to pick a book to read.  Goodness knows, I have tons of them on my tablet.  But sometimes I just like to hold a paper book in my hands when I read it.  There's a Fern Michaels book peeking out at me from the bookshelf, so maybe I'll pick that one.  

Here's a cute image that I borrowed from the web that speaks to my heart.  You too?  Hmmm?

I also borrowed an image showing a great way to keep babies and toddlers busy.  It involves recycling the tops of the baby wipes containers.  

The first thing on my project list for today is to pay some bills.  Yup, those pesky bills are here again.  Ever notice how they don't ever go on vacation?  Aye yi yi!  Well, I think I'll get them out of the way now so that I can enjoy the rest of my day.  

On that note, I'm gone.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Grey here too, in the afternoon it rained. Not fun weather.

Picking a right color yarn is sometimes soooo difficult, LOL!
But you will find a nice one.

Love the idea for the toddlers with the "memory-board". great idea for making recycling fun.

Pay those bills quick, then put them on the to-mail stash and forget about it, it is always a bit painful paying those returning bills, and I can tell you, they NEVER go on vacation, haha.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

I can not wait to see your shawl project. Sounds glorious. My ear was bothering me so I cleaned it and took a nap already. Feels much better so now some hot tea. Temps in 30's so there is lots of sunshine! This cyber Monday makes the internet sloooowwww. Ha! Leo takes a joint supplement too. He is large so it helps and hoping the bed will bring it all together. He had a bed he loved but this is orthopedic approved and man oh man is it nice! Watching CHRISTmas movies and hoping this atheists can not squash CHRISTmastime.
I paid bills too. A few more after the 4th are due so I will finish then. Yes, they do not take a holiday. HaHa!
Enjoy your day and stay cozy and warm. HUGS across the miles XO XO XO XO

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The weather was the same here in Nashua too, Edna, and so it was the perfect day to start my holiday card writing, which I did for a few hours. Rather than stay in the apt, I relocated to a function room on our floor and even watched a couple of Netflix films or rather listened to them. It’s good to get away from any distraction in the apt so I will the same a few more days this week. The outside of the apt has been decorated and this week we will decorate the tree. Reading a book you actually hold is something I have done for awhile as well but I do have a library loan that is calling, a mystery. Enjoy the week whatever you will be doing as you always keep busy!