Tuesday, December 1, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY

December 1, 2020

Good morning.  Tis a wet gray day here in my little part of New England.  I do believe that most of New England is sharing the same weather.  Temps are warm, though.  They're at sixty degrees, and my phone app says that we may even have some intermittent sunshine.  Woo Hoo!  

Today is my first born's birthday.  Happy Birthday Audrey.  I hope your day is full of love, laughter and happiness.  I love you.

Today is also the first day of December.  The last month of this year.  Can you imagine?  It's almost another brand new year!  Here's the page from my calendar.  Yup, that's my little Pogo sleeping and dreaming about what Santa will be bringing for him.  He's been such a good boy all year.  

Yesterday's mail brought my new order of yarn.  Oh boy!  I had a couple boxes to tape up and label, then it was time to sit and play with the new yarn.  

I made two scrubby dish cloths.  One big one, about 8 1/2 inches square, and a smaller one, 7 inches square.  (They are made using double strands of yarn)  I put a little loop for hanging on the bigger one, but not on the smaller one.


The scrubby yarn is not quite so easy to work with; it just takes a bit of patience.  Now I can't wait to get started on one of the other colors.  Hmmm, what shall I pick?  Green, blue or orange?  Hmmm?  

Weather permitting, my grandson Kevin will be coming by later this morning to take me and a lot of my packages to the Post Office.  I'll still have a few to mail, but they can wait a few more days.  

Joe put up our Christmas tree in the main part of the house last night.  It looks so nice.  I'll have to go out there and take a photo later this afternoon.  Sometime this week, I'll get all the "Santa" gifts for the dwarfs wrapped and tagged.  They don't go under the tree until Christmas Eve when Santa gets here.  He always stops in for a hot cup of cocoa and a friendly chat when he's flying over this part of the world.

Now I want to do a bit of blog reading before getting dressed to go to the Post Office.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a  fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

And from me too Happy Birthday Audrey!

Oh, you've worked hard, wrapping and boxing presents and so nice of Kevin to help you bring them to the postoffice.
And then op top you've started the dish clothes. Every color for tne next one will be good. Did you already choose the yarn for your pocketshawl?

Pogo looks so cute and all happy on the photo of the calendar.It's a lovely photo.

Hope all goes well at the postoffice and that yu don;t have to wait too long.
Have a wonderful day,and stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

We have snow this morning. JD is watching "the white show" because we still have a couple squirrels playing in the snow.

Happy birthday to Audrey! I've got a remember to ask my Aide to change my calendar to December. I still look over and see the turkey It seems like this year has both gone so fast and has lasted forever. I'm still finishing up my Christmas searching on the Internet. Hopefully we'll have a vaccine soon because aside from being out in the driveway I haven't left the house since the beginning of March. The videos are keeping me busy and happy, but I think I'm ready to go out and do some thing. Our Thanksgiving family video chat was fun but I think we need to plan a little more for Christmas. Next year I so hope I can touch and not just video chat.

Have a blessed and, to borrow your phrase, Fantabulous day!

Hugs, Nani

Susie said...

Hi Edna, Happy birthday to your daughter. Hope she has a great day. I loved seeing your pretty yarns. Your little calendars are cute . Blessings, stay safe.xoxo, Susie

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Birthday to Audrey and hope she has a great birthday year as one should celebrate that long! We put up the tree but have not yet put the ornaments on it. I will also take a photo when it's done hopefully by the end of this week.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Happy belated birthday to Audrey. She is two days before me. Lot's of Dec babies out there. Have a great one!