Tuesday, December 22, 2020

So, What's A Doohickey?

December 22, 2020

Good morning.  Today will be sunny with temps in the mid to upper thirties.  A good day to be out getting some fresh air.  Just be sure to wear your mask and keep your distance from other folks.  With the new vaccines and all of us doing our part, we can lick this Covid thing.

I got a letter from the facility where my daughter Laura Jean lives.  It contained a lot of information about the new vaccines and asked for permission from each parent for their loved one to be vacinated.  The new vaccine shots will be given out there on January 8, with a booster shot on January 29.  

This facility has done an outstanding job of caring for our loved ones and making sure that none of them has got the Covid virus.  I called them right away to give my permission.  

I came across an image on the web that reminded me of all the funny words and phrases that we've used and enjoyed over the years.  Ever think about them?  A person called "adgrayvisions" has put together this list of these words.

These words are awesome!  Although a lot of them have gone by, some of them are still being tossed around these days.  Thank goodness.  We need fun words like this to liven things up.  

I got an email from the yarn company, and my order should be getting here by next Tuesday.  Gosh, that's another whole week!  I'll be in yarn withdrawal by then!  Hmmm, maybe I'll have to grab some more yarn from my stash and start another new project to keep me busy.  Hmmm?

I know I'm like a broken record folks, but it's cold outside and our animals are freezing.  Please bring them in and make warm shelters for the feral ones.  Please.

What do you say when your kids ask you what you want for Christmas?  When you are eighty one years old, that's a tough question.  My best answer this year was "some seek a word puzzle books and a six pack of Sam Adams light."   I borrowed this image from the web, and it says it all.

These things are time.  A phone call now and then, or a visit even if it's via the media.  A greeting card or a note or a text message.  A photo.  A little bit of you means the world to me.  Time is such a precious commodity.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s.  A doohickey is what you call something when you can't think of the right word.  

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray for the people that take care of your Laura Jean and the others in the facility. And so for all people that are in the frontline.

I agree with you that the things we like to have with Christmas are perhaps some little things that you can buy, but most of all is knowing somebody is thinking of you, taking care of you, every now and then make a phonecall or write a note or letter etc. And I hope somewhere next year we can have poeple visit and be near and that we can hug eachother when you want to.

Oh, about your yarn wthdrawl: I think ou should take something out of the stash to start on a project and when the new yarn comes next week, well, you will have enough for longer time LOL!

Have a great day,
Hug
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

I think that your Laura Jean is very lucky to live in a place that takes such great care of her. I'm also very glad that she is going to be getting the vaccination so fast. She will be the first ones getting it and that is to protect so many.

Have a wonderful day and I will chat with you when I can. xoxoxoxo Beth

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I need to learn that word. I'm always forgetting the word I'm searching for! lol And I thought about asking all my kids and grandkids for a new photo. I should do that! holiday hugs!

Rob said...

I think if I used some of those words today people wouldn't understand me. In days past it seems they had better words than we do today.

Theresa said...

I actually use that word "doohickey" a lot:) Also, whachamacallit:) A visit or phone call, a card in the mail... these are things I love! Enjoy your day dear friend, hope you get your yarn soon! HUGS!