Sunday, December 6, 2020

Ever Seen A Snow Cat?

December 6, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 32F degrees.  We may get up to 37 degrees by noontime.  Overnight temps will be in the twenties.   Brrr.   

I've been keeping busy doing who knows what.  For the life of me, I can never remember what took me all day to do.  As long as I'm doing it though, it does not matter.  Yesterday we got a lot of rain with batches of frisky wind.  In the afternoon, the rain switched over to fat snow flakes.  They didn't really amount to much though.  Then it rained a bit more.

Deanne got enough snow to make a snowcat on her front porch.  Isn't this just the cutest snow kitty you ever saw?  It looks like it lights up, but it doesn't.  She used Skittle candy so it just looks like it is lit up.


I got up early but alas, there wasn't anything good to watch on TV.  So I put on the Home Shopping Channel to see what their Today's Special Value is.  Well, I'll be!  It is a Ring Security Video Doorbell 3.  And it's on sale for $131.99, with free shipping.  I watched it for a while, then called up and ordered it.  I've been thinking about getting this for quite a while, so today is the day.


I have until the end of January to return it if I don't like it.  I'd like to be able to see who is in my yard when my door is closed.  That's what I'm hoping to accomplish with this new gadget.  This one is battery operated.  (you can hard wire it if you want to)  I bought a spare battery to have when it is time to charge the battery that is in the unit.  

Last evening I called my cousin Anita and we gabbed for three hours.  We have a lifetime of catching up to do so time just slips away when we are chatting.  We have such fun.  I wish I had found her sooner.  But, I'm ever so glad that I found her at all.

Now I'm going to drink my coffee and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Glad we don;t have snow yet!

As long as you keep busy with something, you're doing something LOL!

Could be a great gadeget that doorbell. Good you will have some time to check it out.

Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is a very cute snow kitty! What fun! Hope your door bell is good. I'll be interested in how you like it! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

Suemn said...

I agree...that snow cat is adorable! My little nephew loves skittles so they wouldn't last long if I made a snow cat for him. ha!

Snowy said...

That door bell is really good ! A friend has it and it's so easy to watch on your phone. You can even talk to the person ringing the door bell .I think you will love it :)
Hugs Snowy

My Tata's Cottage said...

We have had such cold weather after our big snow. We are finally getting back into the 40's, it is like a mini heat wave. Stay warm and cozy. Have a great week. Our son Jeremy has the doorbell. He is going to look into it for us after the new year. I am glad you are getting one. Our daughter Noelle and her hubby have one. Stay warm and cozy and have a great new week. HUGS across the miles .

Mary Ann Roesler said...

We have the ring system, it's taken us a while to use it because people who run by set off our alarm. You won't have that problem.