Sunday, December 13, 2020

Almost Done With All The Packages

December 13, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and temps are at 47F degrees and headed for the mid fifties.  Woo Hoo!  We need to enjoy today because the colder temps and maybe some not so nice weather is headed back to us.

Well, Friday Deanne and I had submarine sandwiches for our "take out" lunch.  I had the steak, green pepper and cheese.  Oh my, yum yum!  I ate the whole thing!  Actually, I shared a lot of it with Pogo.  He really enjoyed it!  I should do something like this once a month.  

I still have my cold.  I'll probably have it all winter.  Arghhhhhhhh!   It hasn't gotten better, but at least it is not worse.  I'm keeping a good supply of cough drops on hand, some of them are from Vicks and they taste like Vicks!  They numb the whole mouth!

Today, let me share something fun I borrowed from the latest issue of the  AMAC magazine.  Do you remember this?

Mr. Potato Head was introduced in America on May 1, 1952.  The first Mr. Potato Head cost $0.98 and was sold without a plastic potato body.  Instead, you used a real potato as a base in which to insert body parts.  This, of course, eventually evolved into the plastic potato shaped figure that we know today.  Mr. Potato Head was the first children's toy to be advertised on television.

While watching one of the shopping channels on TV, I came across a very interesting item that was being showcased.  It's a bag to carry your medicine around in.  Really?  They showed someone carrying this case everywhere they went.  Why?  Why do we need to take a whole pharmacy with us?  

I think the bag is nice to store the meds in, but I just don't understand carrying it everywhere we go.  Of course, I don't take this many meds so maybe there's a lot I need to learn?


Today, I need to finish packing up the last of the packages that I need to mail out for Christmas.  My grandson Kevin is coming by tomorrow to pick them up and take them to the Post Office for me.  What would I do without that young man?  He's awesome!

After that, I just have to send a bunch of bundles over to Deanne's house and I'll be done.  Except for Christmas Eve when Santa gets here.  I can't believe I actually got it all done in time.  It feels really good.

Meanwhile I'm ignoring the junk mail that is piling up.  I guess that can keep me busy after all the packages are gone.  Hmm, there's always something.  Ah well.  What would I do without all this wonderful junk mail to keep me busy?

Now I'm off to get started on that packing stuff.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I don;t know this Mr. Potatoe head. Well, I;ve heard of it and saw on tv, but cant remember we had him here.
Oh, how awesome you're almost done with wrapping and sending for Christmas.
Still pity you have that cold, but although it isn;t nice to have, we can live with it, don;t you think?

Gosh, i wonder what people have need of that medicin bag? Could be handy if you go on holiday, to have all together and you need quite some medicin.

We had a very quiet day today, and that is a good thing too.
Now we'll watch some tv and also some things we recorded so we can watch whenever we want. Lots of series and programmes, sure we cannot watch them all today LOL.

Have a fantastic day,
Hugs
Kyra

phyllis said...

I have just read your post of Dec 8th and you brought back the memory of oleo.
I am 82 and I remember during WW11 I loved to squeeze the berry and knead the white to turn yellow to make the oleo. I also remember playing with my sister's Mr. Potato Head with a real potato.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, I remember Mr Potato head, Edna, although I had the plastic body version as when the original was released I was too young for that one, but what a great price! And really a bag to carry around so many meds because with that many, one should not be going out at all! Like yourself, I also got cards and packages mailed early this year and it does feel SO good and now I can relax and watch holiday movies on Netflix!