Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Santa Claus Comes Tomorrow Night!!!

December 23, 2020

Good morning.  Tis sunny with temps in the mid thirties today.  It's supposed to warm up the next two days, but of course we'll be expecting rain with those nice temps.

Can you believe it?  Santa Claus comes tomorrow night.  Is everybody ready?  I'll have to check my supply of carrots and apples.  The reindeer love them!  

Well, last evening, I put a few more rows on my pocket wrap and used up the remaining Sandstone yarn.  Then, with the variegated yarn, I made a second pocket to put on the other end of the wrap when it is finished.  I've already been checking the list of my yarn stash in order to stave off yarn withdrawal.  

Definition of "stave off."  transitive verb - to fend off - to ward off - forestall.

Don't you just love these uncommon, not often used words?  I do.  Many years ago, I was an executive secretary  to a man who just loved long, seldom used words.  I had to study the dictionary every night and learn new words in order to keep up with him.

How about some fun?  Yesterday was Ugly Sweater day at Amazon, so Deanne sent me photos of the sweater she made and wore to work.  Great job Deanne!  Gosh, we never had fun like this back when I was working.


Today, I'm still trying to track down two packages that I mailed out on December 14.  All I could find out is that they are both floating around somewhere in transit.  I even called the Post Office, but they hung up on me after saying that everyone is having the same problems.

It's really sad, this Postal delivery system.  It started out as a darn good system.  But over the years, paychecks and benefits got bigger and fatter, and service started costing much more for less service.  Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of the mail carriers do work hard.  But I also know that a lot of the employees work hard at working the system, costing both money and service.

The Post Office says that they have a lot of employees out because of Covid.  Does that mean almost the whole work force?  The Post Office could have recalled a lot of their employees who are out on leave or temporarily let go.  I don't envy the working conditions for the Postal workers, but I do think the system could be run a lot more efficiently. Don't be mad at me.  I'm just stating my opinion.

Deanne is stopping by today and I want to do my blog reading now before she gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

The same here with the Post office sustem. It was a good one, when it was from the state or governmental, then turned into business mode(sold o private company0 and still working but not as good and much more expensive for us. Not all was good in the past, but some things shouldn;t have nbeen changed either.


Oh, ugly sweater day this time, at Amazon, and Deanne did a great job again(love the tete on the back LOL).

And yes, just one more day and then it will be Christmas Eve and then it will be Christmas, all at once! So soon Jan and I will open up the presents, but I like it also when they are still under the tree, it is a wonderful sight too.

Did Joe already made his grocerie shopping for Christmas dinner? You must tell us what he cooked, okay?

have a wonderful day( and nice chat with Deanne),
Hug
Kyra

Susan Zarzycki said...

I totally understand your frustration with postal deliveries! I am still waiting for a package of medication mailed to me in Maine from my home in PA almost 3 weeks ago, priority mail!! I hope your yarn order to finish your project comes soon. Happy Christmas!💖