Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Best Laid Plans

December 16, 2020

Good morning.  It's nippy outside this morning.  Here's what my phone says.

And, tonight and tomorrow we should be getting lots of snow.  Let's hope the forecasters are wrong.  I really don't want a lot of snow.  Of course, I don't think it much matters what I do or don't want.  Old Man Winter does his own thing.

How about the title for today's post?  Nothing went the way I planned yesterday.  Everything I touched seemed to get me more side tracked than I already was.  Ever have days like that?  Well, to be fair, one thing got done.  One of the dwarfs picked up some milk and a gift card at the market for me when he went to do his shopping.  Thank you Mikey.

A fellow from the oxygen supply company came by to put new columns (parts) in my portable concentrator.  According to him, these should be replaced twice a year.  Really?  This is the first time they've replaced them.  Hmmmm.

The nice guy at the computer repair store called me and overhauled my laptop remotely to find out why it is so slow.  The call lasted about thirty minutes and it does seem to be working much better now.  The main culprit is Photoshop Cloud.  It's a big program and it uses a lot of energy.  We decided to have an appointment twice a year to clean up whatever things might be slowing down my laptop.  Excellent idea!

Afterwards, I sat down with my checkbook and paid a batch of bills to go out in this morning's mail.  I never did get to sit down with my shredder machine.  The best laid plans of mice and men!  Actually, the mice are doing well for themselves.  When it gets cold, they find their way into the house and drive me crazy.  If I don't put my newly bagged trash out as soon as I tie up the bag, the mice attack it and leave bits of plastic all over the place.  Then I have to re-bag the trash.  Not mention clean up the mess they made.

Add to this, Pogo has the weirdest talent.  He's the only doggie I've ever known who can pee under his pee pads and not get anything on top of them.  Can you imagine?  Even when the pads look clean, I have to lift them up to see if they are floating on a puddle of pee.  I have yet to figure out how he does this.  You just gotta love this little guy!

Here's an item I borrowed from the web to help those of you who are planning to build shelter for the outdoor animals.  It says to use straw, not blankets to keep the animals warm.  This is good to know.

Now I'm going to do some blog reading while I finish my coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Photoshop always takes big part of memory of laptops. Therefor I already liked Photoshop elements, it is lighter, cannot do as much as the "real"Photoshop, but for lots of us it is good enough. But a great idea of the computer guy, to have an appointment twice a year, to clean out your laptop. What a great guy!

Oh my, I had to laugh out loud reading yout story about Pogo's pee pads. He is very inventive to do it under the pad and acting as if he is such a good doggie LOL!

Plans sometimes succeed, but often(with me) they don't while something else comes up or inplace of first plan.

Oh, snow coming your way? Not the best thing to have, hopefully there will not be loads of it.

Have a wonderful day,
Stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

It's snowing hard in New York. We're supposed to get at least a foot of snow, but it won't surprise me if there's much more in the morning. I got out for my walk this morning and was able to stop at the bank and run in for a few things at the grocery. Need to do some organizing and work on my cards tomorrow. Keep warm!

Theresa said...

Well at least you accomplished some things yesterday. 18 degrees makes me cold just thinking about it. Stay warm and hopefully the snowstorm will not hit your area hard. Hugs