Monday, December 21, 2020

A Restful Day

December 21, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cloudy with temps in the low to mid thirties today.  A typical winter day.  I'm late posting today.  Sorry, I'm just having a "tired" day.  I just did not want to get up today but of course I did.  I made breakfast for Pogo and me, then decided to "rest" for a while.  

I guess it's because the night was not a sleepful night.  At one point, I got up and crocheted for a while on my pocket wrap.  I made a pocket and sewed it on to one end.  I'm going to run out of yarn soon and will have to wait for the new yarn order to get here so that I can finish this wrap.

Here's a photo of the pocket sewn on to the end of the wrap.  I thought using the variegated yarn would be a nice touch.  


When I finish this wrap, I'll post the pattern here in case anyone wants to make one.  I would post it now, but I've made adjustments to the pattern and I'm not done yet.  So far, I've given away just about everything I've ever made.  This pocket wrap is for me.  Yup, I'm keeping this one.  And I can't wait to be able to wear it so I hope that yarn order gets here soon.

I've been checking the tracking on some of the packages that I mailed out.  Did you know that to send a package from here (just south of Boston) to Pennsylvania, the package first goes to Connecticut, then it is sent on to New Jersey.  After that, hopefully, it heads for Pennsylvania.  I mailed the package seven days ago.  It was supposed to have arrived at its destination on Friday, December 18.  I hope it gets there before Christmas.

Joe talked to all the dwarfs to find out who will be home for Christmas Day and dinner.  It looks like most everyone will be home so Joe will go shopping for a ham and all the fixings for Christmas dinner.  We've agreed, I'll pay for the food and he will cook it.  That's a good deal.

I have a couple images to share with you that I borrowed from the web.  This first one is just so funny, and true!


This next image is more serious, yet also very true.  I am very Blessed.  And very thankful.


Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We are very blessed! And your dinner does sound great! holiday hugs!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes, we don't get to all the things planned for the day and that's OK, Edna. There have been some stressful times for sure this year and so staying in bed longer and resting isn't a bad idea, but quite good. Hope your day went well. We also sent out packages ahead of schedule and so many have taken the longest times to arrive. The ones we sent to RI went USPS priority mail nearly 2 weeks ago and were delivered today, so everyone is having similar issues it seems. How nice of you to buy all the Christmas Day dinner fixings and for Joe to cook. I'm sure you will all have a great day and meal.

Susan Zarzycki said...

I always enjoy reading your blog! I believe it about the mail delivery. I am taking care of my mom in Maine but my husband in Pennsylvania sent out my medications over 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting. Merry Christmas! 💖

Theresa said...

Love pockets on anything I wear, that is a nice addition to the wrap. Christmas Dinner sounds delish and yes I would buy and let him cook too:) Enjoy your day dear friend, I am busy finishing things up so I can rest thru Christmas! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

What's wrong with a "tired"day? Not much, only that you feel a bit tired, but then.... it says to you: have a relaxed day, you will be happy the next day!!

Looks nice that wrap shawl and yes, for once you should keep this just for you.
Oh my, Joe will be busy with shopping and cooking, but it seems he likes it and cooks good too! All the way, it is very sweet of you to pay for the dinner for all the dwarfs.

Hmm, I wonder what Joe will make as side siehs for the ham? Roasted potatoes with some garlic and perhaps some herbs out of the oven could be great. But... I'll leave it to him what is easy for him okay? LOL. Good luck to him and happy meal.

and yes, we should be still grateful about the things we have, there are lots of people who are in much worse situations.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Oh, your Christmas dinner sounds delicious. What a nice Christmas gift to everyone at your home. I'm so glad too that you have Joe there and he offered to cook it.

Beth Reed said...

I really love the wrap. I know that you will really enjoy it. I am sorry I have not called but I am in Reno Nevada now. I arrived on Sunday and the time difference has sort of got to me. I have to be a bit quiet because my daughter in law is working in the front part of her home while Celeste is better situated in the back part because her toys are in her room.
I will try to call soon. Big Hugs, xoxoxoxo