Thursday, December 31, 2020

Bid Farewell To 2020

December 31, 2020 

Good morning.  It's early, so it's still bleary looking outside my door.  Today is the last day of this most challenging year.  Tomorrow will begin, I hope, a new year that is much kinder to all of us.  

Yesterday I did not post.  Sorry.  Some days there is just nothing to say.  Yesterday I was just tired and not in the mood to do much of anything.  Deanne says I need more Potassium and Vitamin D, so she went to the store and bought some for me and will bring them by after work today.  

Today is a very popular day for birthdays.  Six of my friends have a birthday today.  So, Happy Birthday to all of them.  I hope your day is filled with laughter and love.

I've decided that in this New Year, I will make changes to my blogging habit.  I will be skipping a day of posting here and there.  So if you don't find me here one day, most likely I will be here the next day.  

Has anyone heard whether or not any of the packages that are hung up at the New Jersey USPS facility have started being delivered?  Has the Post Office put on enough temporary employees to get the job at least started?  I haven't hear of any packages being delivered.  Only envelopes.  And not the big envelopes.

Do you know what is really strange?  The Post Office hasn't been having any trouble bringing the bills  that arrive in the daily mail.  It's just the packages that they can't seem to move.  Maybe they should call Amazon drivers in to get the job done?  Maybe with this new year, some of the Christmas packages will make it to their destinations?

I found an interesting image on the web and thought I would share it.  

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all pull together to create a peaceful life for each of us?  And while we're at it, couldn't we each do our part to make sure that our animals are protected and cared for too?  

Pogo and I wish you a peaceful, healthy and Happy New Year.  May God Bless you..

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I already missed your post! Well, I understand that you will skip every now and then a day or may be two, I did it too and I still like it as I now do once a week.

Yeah, bills can normally be delivered in time, but things that are bringing some happiness(like Christmas boxes) seem to be handled different LOL.

It could well be that you are lacking a little bit of some vitamines and so sweet of Deanne that she will bring some of those tablets to you.

I really do hope that things will change to better in this new year, in good hope that vaccin can add a lot to it. How nice would it be to be able to go out again say, in June or July without having fear to catch a nasty virus, but we can meet again, touch eachother if we want, hug and all ths? Let's start the new year with that optimistic hope!

Have a good New Year's Eve and happy and peacefull and healthy New Year!
Big hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Edna, Happy New Year to you and Pogo!

Steve Reed said...

Happy New Year to you and Pogo!

Beth Reed said...

Good Morning Edna and Pogo,
I hope that the New Year is Awesome for all of us and that we are all healthy and happy, Lord knows that we have all had a very hard and challenging year. It is time that we catch a break and can be able to return to most of our normal lives.

We had rain last night and of course the temps were in the teens so the rain froze so we have a sheet of ice at the front door and the stairs. I am super happy that I don't have to go anywhere today. It will all be melted in a couple of hours.

I understand that sometimes you don't have anything to say on your blog. I have the very same problem. I don't want to just post about my health but that seems to be the only real thing in my life to talk about and it is like... Bo I don't want to talk about that stuff.

I will try to call later but if I don't then it is because we are busy here. I have to cook my black eyed peas and cornbread. It has been a while since I have made them and can almost taste them. Much love to the both of you. xxxxxx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Our best wishes to you and Pogo for a peaceful and happy end of 2020 and (hopefully) a better and happier 2021 for everyone. You know that it can be difficult to post every day, so there's nothing "wrong" with taking a break. Some days, it can be difficult to come up with a post idea or even have the energy or mindset to do one. That happens to me as well and I am sure to many others, especially now, when we are all limited in our experiences outside our home. So, do what feels best for you, my blog friend.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I love your thoughts here! Time just moves so quickly. I have never felt that even in 2020 time slowed down. I have too much to do even if I am home all day for two weeks. I use to love to go shopping, browsing and now I am just so content. I have some books to read. The cold weather has been brutal. Hoping for more sunny days like today. Take care my friend. HUGS