Tuesday, November 3, 2020

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!

 November 3, 2020

This says it all!  (image borrowed from web)

Good morning.  Tis cloudy at the moment but my phone app says the sun will soon be shining.  Temps are at 37F degrees, but should reach up to 41 degrees soon.  I hope so because today I go to vote.  My daughter Deanne will be picking me up around one o'clock to take me to the polls.  Wish me short lines!  

Today is your last chance to be heard, so everyone - get out and vote!  It's not only a right and a duty, it's a privilege.  So many of our men and women have given their lives so that we may keep this privilege.

Last evening, I had planned to re-make the project that I had to rip out the night before.  However, I just did not feel like crocheting so it did not get done.  Maybe tonight.  Instead, I did a bit of Christmas shopping online.  This was definitely much more fun.  

Except for a few odds and ends, I do think I've finished my Christmas shopping.  At least most of it, anyway.  My biggest chore now is the wrapping and box packing.  Then getting it all to the Post Office.  

I'm always looking for new crochet patterns, and I found this cute cardigan pattern.  It's called the Grace Cardi and it's free online.  The front doesn't close.  It's just a cute little cover up .  I like the skirt too but I did not see a pattern for it.

This morning I'm giving myself a treat.  I'm watching re-runs of Law & Order - Criminal Intent.  I like this version much better than the SVU version.  Benson and Stabler turned me off to that version.  They believe in ruining innocent folks lives first in order to finally get at the truth of a case.  That's a turn off.  I don't like the way they interview either.  Maybe had they toned it down a lot, I might have been able to enjoy their version.

I've been checking out alternatives to cable television.  There's just too much hate and violence for my taste.  And don't forget all those "real housewives" of everywhere.  I ask you, do you really believe this crap?  

That reminds me of a memory from long ago.  I was in my early twenties and I thought I'd like to try living a day as a ritzy housewife. (like the ones in the movies)  I put on a nice dress, jewelry and high heels and tried walking around with a feather duster.  I even broke out a bottle of Southern Comfort to enjoy a few drinkees.  All I remember about that day is that I made sure the kids were okay, and when hubby came home from work, I was totally sotted.  He put me to bed, and I woke up the next morning with a nasty headache.  I learned that it's just not all it's cracked up to be.  (I did not do that again!)

The morning is flitting by and I need to decide what I'll be wearing when I go to vote.  On that note, I'll take my leave.  Just one more reminder folks, GO VOTE!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You made me smile with your story of acting one day like a ritzy housewife LOL!

I did like in the beginning the Law & order series, but that's no more. I do like sometimes to see Criminal Mind, but only also once in a while.
We watch here series like Silent Witness, prime Suspect, the good old detectives like Frost, Morse, Inspector Linley, Lewis, etc. I don;t know if they run those in the USA.

Oh I do hope so you will not have a long line when going to vote!!

Have a wonderful day, stay safe!!
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my your story about drinking...you are so silly! I am glad you stopped that, me too, not all it is cracked up to be and good thing everyone was fine and your hubby was gem! Yes, vote, vote, vote. I even wore some leggings I love. It is warmer today but not at all as warm as I thought it would be. I was not much of a fan of the Law & Order detectives either. Eames & Gorin, I loved those two. She was the teen daughter in the movie What About Bob? I love that movie too. I hope your voting went well and you did not have much of a wait. I am praying it all turns out well and paying my hubby is safe as downtown Denver is basically bordered up. Please have a great day and stay safe and warm. HUGS across the miles.

P.S. Oh my goodness, that cover up is soooooo cute! I love such simple fashion statements. Cute skirt too. Have a super day!

Theresa said...

I voted early and waited in a long 3 hour line! BUT, I voted. We drove by our local polling place yesterday and there was no line, lesson learned:) Funny story about your day:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!