Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Thank Goodness For Junk Mail. It Keeps Me Busy.

November 24, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's 35F degrees.  It may get up to forty degrees before dropping down to freezing early this evening.  You know, I think bears and some other animals have the right idea.  They stockpile some food for the Winter, then pull the door to their den closed and hibernate till Spring.  

Today will be a good day to deal with some junk mail.  I have two big bags of it saved up, so that's going to be my project for today.  I don't really feel like working on anything special so the junk mail will keep me busy.  

I guess I could also round up all the catalogues that have come in these past couple weeks.  There must be at least two bags full of them too.  I get an armful of them every other day or so in the mail.  

I think I'm going to have to go back to sleeping upright in my lounge chair.  I'm not getting very much good sleep lying down.  After just a little while, my breathing starts getting wonky so I have to sit up for a while.  

How about a couple more "Find the Differences" puzzles from Dover?  These are always fun.  Each one has ten differences to find.


I did address a few envelopes, so maybe I'll do a few more later this evening.  With it getting dark so early the nights are really long now.  I wonder if that has anything to do with not sleeping good.  Hmm.  Ah well, I can always take afternoon naps.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before tackling that junk mail.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sometimes it seems a good idea to me too to be able to hibernate LOL.On the other hand we would miss a lot too.

Hmmm, I am not happy reading about your bad sleep and not breathing well lying down. May be you could think about another bed? The one where you can change into higher head end or lower and all with a remote control( for example Auping has such beds)

Tomorrow I will have to wake up real early, so I think I will not sleep too well tonight(somehow I am afraid to wake up too late, despite of having my alarm. Now isnlt that strange????)

Well, I hope you will be able to sleep better this night.
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Susie said...

Some times getting junk mail is ok...if there's nothing going on. I rarely get snail mail from loved ones. My sister and I write each other often...but since she's been sick and has pain...she isn't much in the mood to write...makes me sad. I miss her. She does not email or text. Wishing you a good day of clearing out your junk mail. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Karen said...

Hi Edna,

I found your blog while 'blog hopping' from Buttercup's. My mother's name was Edna, so yours caught my eye:)

I'm glad I stopped by. I haven't thought about the Dover books in a long time. They are the perfect thing to pop into the mail for my grandkids! I just ordered a few and look forward to sending them off with a note next week.

Have a good day. It is snowy and cold here today.

Karen

Buttercup said...

Hope your junk mail sorting went well. I'm up to date on the catalogues, but trying to go through the mail daily. Didn't make it today, but caught up on several other house errands. Take care!

Theresa said...

Oh the junk mail keeps me busy too AND coupons:) I have a stack to work on and just might tackle it later today. I hope you stay warm and cozy today, HUGS!

Buttercup said...

We finally got some sun and I'll be going to the grocery a little later. I've got a Zoom college alum meeting this afternoon and my goal for tonight is wrapping packages. Have a great day!