Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Celebrating Veterans Day 2020

 November 11, 2020

Good morning.  My phone app says that today is the last of these gorgeous Spring days that we've been enjoying here in New England, so let's enjoy it.  Today is also Veterans Day, a day for honoring all persons who have served in the United States Armed Forces.  I thank all of you for your service, and may God Bless you.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day here.  It was a busy day for me so this awesome weather was so appreciated.  We had a new dwarf move in and that kept me busy for most of the morning.  He seems rather nice so I'm hoping that things work out well with him here.

The mailman keeps bringing me birthday cards.  From Blogger friends and their friends.  Wow, this has been a really special birthday year.  I want to share one funny card that DIL Janet gave me.  She gave me two "talking" cards, but this one was really funny.


Each little card "door" opened up with a joke inside.  

Card #1 - Do you know why jungle animals don't play birthday games?  Because one of them is a Cheetah. hahaha.

Card #2 - On my birthday, my stylist said I could have a $10 hair cut or a $12 haircut.  I said what's the difference?  He said $2 bucks!  hahaha.

Card #3 - Your birthday calls for drinks on the house.  You get the drinks and I'll get a ladder.  hahaha.

Card #4 - Do you know why you blow out the birthday candles?  Because the fire extinguisher ruins the cake!  hahaha.

Deanne came by after work yesterday and brought me some Cranberry Bread and Blueberry Bread that she had made.  Oh my, yum  yum!  It was so nice out that Pogo and I stayed out on the porch for quite a while.  Here's a photo of what the maple trees in front of my yard look like.

How can you not smile at a view like this?  As you can see, the Emperor Tree on the right has already lost all of its leaves.  The maples are hanging on for as long as they can.  

Eventually, we had to come back inside so I could finish up a few things that needed to be done.  After supper, I had me a nice nap, then worked on my crocheting when I woke up.  Remember the project that I had to rip out the other night?  Well, I have it all crocheted almost back to the point where I was before.  Later today I'll finish it up.

Now I need to go out and get the mail.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay well and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Isn't it nice to have an extended Birthday? With all the cards still coming, every day is a bit special.
Those jokes on Janet's card are fantastic.

Oh, another dwarf is moving in. Hope he will be a nice one too.

Good you took a nap after being so busy with the new dwarf.
Yesterday I had to rip out too a substantial part of a part of a knitting project But i too am almost at the point again where I saw the fault(it was quite in the beginning, sniff, sniff). it's just kind of small afghans for covering the chair in our sitting room.

simple to make, and it keeps me busy, May be I will continue to make parts for the couch too.

It's wonderful yuu could be on the porch for a little while. here it is to chilly to sit in the garden now.

You have a lovely day, stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

Anonymous said...

As a relatively new reader of your blog I'm wondering /confused about your mention of a new "dwarf"??? BTW I enjoy seeing pictures of your various projects even though they make me feel guilty for almost never finishing ones that I start. No matter how excited I am when starting something new my enthusiasm quickly wanes and I go searching for something new to work on.

Buttercup said...

Your card made me smile. Yes, we're coming to the last days of summer in November. I definitely need to get out my gloves again. So grateful for these beautiful days.

Theresa said...

That is the cutest card that keeps giving giggles:) OH MY, those leaves are gorgeous! Enjoy your day dear friend, happy that the re-do of the project is coming along nicely! HUGS

Annesphamily said...

I love our Veteran's! Thank you for sharing and that birthday card, hahaha! MY hubby is a cheetah - he beats me at Rummy constantly! HaHa! As I crawled into bed last night I noticed I was sitting on a 9 of clubs! Cheated myself out of 5 points! HaHa! ALways my pleasure to be here. Thank you. XO XO XO