Sunday, November 22, 2020

I'm So Very Proud Of My Children

November 22, 2020

Good morning.  Tis cloudy right now but we should be getting sunshine on and off all day with temps in the mid forties.  Throughout the night, temps should rise just a little and be warmer tomorrow.

This morning I've been watching the Create channel.  It's a variety of all different crafts.  There's oil painting, water color painting, cooking, sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting, beading, gardening, household fix ups, etc.  Something for everybody.  This is all a part of Rhode Island PBS (TV).  

It's been quiet around here.  The newest dwarf was all moved in on Friday, and the envelopes to my card order arrived yesterday.  The cards will be along soon.  Meanwhile I can get started addressing the envelopes.  

A reader recently asked if any of my daughters also crocheted.  When the kids were growing up, I taught them all (my son included) to knit and crochet, to sew at least straight lines ( to keep their clothes mended), and whatever else I could interest them in.  Together, they all crocheted a beautiful afghan as a Christmas present for my parents, and they crocheted Christmas gifts for their friends.  

They all also worked with me in my ceramic studio and local schools, creating and teaching.  They are all excellent cooks.  (not me, but they are.)  They have all spent some time working in the health field, taking care of people.  I'm  very proud of them.

Yesterday was one of my tired and quiet days.  Today seems a bit perkier.  I worked on the blue pocket shawl on and off the last two days, and I'll work on it for a while today.  Whoever wrote the pattern made a few boo boos.  It's taking more yarn and more rows to make the shawl than the pattern calls for.  No problem, it's still quite pretty.  

I did find a simple pattern online for a scrubby dish cloth that I think I'd like to try.  As soon as I decide what color I want to use, I'll place an order for the scrubby yarn.   I'm leaning toward Fall colors.  Orange, yellow, green.  

Now I want to catch up with some morning blog reading.  Before I leave, let me share these cute T-shirts that I found online.


Till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Doesn't matter you had yesterday a more quiet day. We need those too!!

Oh my, you gave your children all kind of abilities, like crochet, knitting, crafting etc. That was a good thing to do. My mother also tried to teach us to do all kind of things and i am happy she did.
of course you are proud of your children, they are wonderful people. Seems after all these years I know them a little bit, hahaha.

We just had our soup as dinner, really a well filled one and now Jan will take his nap and I will watch some tv and knit.
Wonderful!

Have a splendid day.
Hugs
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

How wonderful that you have taught your children to knit and crochet, even your son, lots of men enjoy working with the yarn
My grandma taught me how to knit, but didn't have any relatives who knew how crochet 😔
A rainy day for us today, dark and cozy,enjoy yours Ms. Edna
Hugs,
Jo