Monday, November 2, 2020

Some Costume Fun

November 2, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining this morning, and the temperature is already up to thirty nine degrees.  From here on, it just gets colder hour by hour.  Starting Thursday, we are supposed to get a few days in the low to mid sixties.  (according to my phone app!)  

Today I thought I'd share a couple Halloween photos.  The Covid virus just could not spoil all the fun for everybody.  Saturday was "costume day" at work for my daughter Deanne, so she went to work as a Bee.  This is too cute!

And great grandchildren Lilah, Jack and Alima got all dressed up for some fun trick or treating.  

  Did anyone notice how long yesterday seemed to be?  Gosh, it felt like the day was never going to end.  I had forgotten to turn back the clocks, so when I remembered, it all of a sudden gave me an extra hour to do things.  After that, the whole day seemed to get longer.  No, I was not drinking anything stronger than coffee or Mullein tea.  

I worked on one of my projects and was clipping right along.  Till last evening.  I measured it against a finished project, and oh my!  It was too big!  I had used the wrong size crochet hook and therefore had to make a few adjustments.  Sad to say, those adjustments just did not work out.  I ended up having to rip out the whole project.  Later today I'll start all over.  With the right size hook!

Did the snow do any damage to the plants that were still blooming in your garden?  Deanne says the cold and the snow polished off her roses.  However, her tomato plants look like they're doing their best to hang in there.

Now I think I'm going to make a hot cup of Mullein tea and do a bit of blog reading.  It's a nice way to start my day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

People still seemed to be in the spirit of things, but we had barely any little gremlins this year, mostly because they were having trunk or treats all over town.
Cute little bee !
Hugs,
~Jo

smiekeltje said...

Such a pity you have to do your newly started project over again.

It is always strange to turn the clock back or forward for the winter and summer time. It's the hardest in wintertime, then suddenly it turns dark so quickly already in the afternoon!

Great fun on Deanne's work, that they somehow keep the spirit and dressed for Halloween,and although big parties aren;t possible, you still can have some fun.

I was quite busy today, and happy about it. Accomplished quite some things.
Tomorrow it will be grocerie shopping, and not much more.

Hopefully winter stays away for some time, it appeared in your area already, but still can wait a bit, don;t you think? It is too soon for cold weather, snow and ice.

Have a lovely day, good luck with your project and stay safe
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't like the time change but I will adjust soon...I hope! I got up an hour early today and then I was hungry before the clock said noon. Wow! You got snow already! Take care and stay warm. Hugs, Diane

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh the time change is a pain in the neck! HaHa! Not a fan and wish they would us alone with daylight savings time. Yes the day was long and I seemed to be backward all day long. Today is a little better. Love the Bee-u-tiful costume Deanne chose. The kids too always fun. We have five trick or treaters. four little ones with parents in masks and one Beetlejuice I think. He may have been around 10 but had a parent at the end of the drive. The grands came over. They were sweet too. Poor Addy, someone gave her a cold hotdog! What in the world!? We thought those black and orange wax paper wrapped molasses candies were bad in our day! I sure missed all the littles this year. So cute to see them all dressed up.
Ah snowy season is coming and we had some last week. Hannah had it yesterday. She was sitting cozy with a nice fire inside. Sigh....
Have a wonderful week my friend. HUGS across the miles XO XO XO XO

Steve Reed said...

It always takes a while to get used to the time change. Ours changed two weekends ago and I was out of sorts for days! Those tomato plants may be "hanging in there" but I'll be pretty surprised if they survive. :)

Theresa said...

Cute costumes. I used to dress up for Halloween at work and when we went trick-or-treating with the little ones. Fun to think about what to "BEE":) Sorry about the project and having to start over:( Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Milentry said...

A great post! I love your blog. Your content is very interesting < 3
I am following you and invite you to me
https://milentry-blog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hii, I’m Deanne’s friend from work.
I like the videos and photos you posted they were very lovely. Here’s a link to my YouTube channel if you want to see my videos
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCISEPTTiEBV42qoPdLq4SSg

Much love
-Mina