Wednesday, November 18, 2020

A Busy Day Has It's Rewards

 November 18, 2020

Good morning.  Tis 32F degrees and sunny.  We may even get up to 35F degrees this afternoon, but then temps will drop to 29F degrees after supper.  Tis just a wee bit too nippy for this old gal.  Here's a funny for you.  I was poking around on Google and found an article that said that Winter is the shortest season.  Hmmm, I wonder what sort of juice the author of that article had for breakfast.

Well, yesterday I did call the company that supplies my oxygen equipment.  After explaining the problems I've been having with my large concentrator, they said it was an emergency and someone would be out as soon as possible.  I moved the concentrator to the porch right outside my door.  I don't want to be letting anyone indoors. (I'm being careful so I don't catch anything.)  

Sometime after four o'clock, I called the company to see if they were still sending someone out here.  They said he had a long list and would get here as soon as he could.  I then asked them if the man could also check my portable concentrator.  The little window on it keeps saying change cylinders.  ???  They said no, these parts would have to be ordered, and would take at least two weeks to come in.  They would order them and let me know when they come in.

To make a long story short, the fellow finally showed up last night at eight o'clock.  He brought me a new concentrator and took away the old one.  The bottom line???  I've been breathing so much better all last night and this morning.  

Today I have another little box from Dover for you.  This one is a Gingerbread house.  I think if you check around at Dover's website, you can probably find these little boxes for other occasions.

I also worked on my Christmas card yesterday, and woo hoo!  I finished it.  I went online and uploaded my design and ordered my cards.  They gave me a fantastic coupon!  Wow, I love a great bargain!  Folks, if you haven't already ordered your cards, try Vista Print.  I've been using this company for years for all my printing needs and they are great.  I got an email this morning saying that my order has already been processed and shipped.  

Last evening, I ripped out the pocket wrap that I had started and began anew.  Pretty soon I had twenty eight rows done and it was time to call it a night.  Here's a photo of it after just a few rows.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Yesterday, Amazon gave it's employees a take out turkey dinner from Boston Market.  Deanne brought her dinner to me, and Pogo and I had it for supper. Yum Yum!  Thank you Deanne and Amazon.  Today I will cook a pot of spaghetti sauce.  Yup, we're having pasta for supper tonight!  

Well, that's my news for today.  Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

So all in all it was a rather busy day yesterday. I am glad the guy from the company came and your oxygen is sorted out, now only the portable has to be in good order. But you have oxygen and that's important and good news you could breath better!

And wonderful you finished your Christmascard and that it is already on it's way to you! Wow, that is quick.

That blue for the pocket wrap is gorgeous.

And what a nice surprise Deanne brought along. She is such a sweetie!

Oh, it is almost time for the evening news, so I send you a big hug and wish you a lovely day!
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always loved Boston Mkt and haven't had a meal from them in a long time. That sounds so good! How sweet of Deanne! Tell her we all think she is super sweet! Hugs...to you and Deanne AND Pogo!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Wow that was a later than expected response time, Edna, but glad you got a new unit and could breathe better. Kudos to Vista Print for getting your order done so quickly.