Monday, February 1, 2021

Welcome February

February 1, 2021

Good morning and Welcome February.   It's only 47 more days till Spring!  First we have to get through this Nor'easter that is dumping a lot of snow on some of us.  It will be here shortly, although I'm not sure yet what we're going to get.  Tons of snow?  Rain and/or snow?  We'll find out  soon.  Meanwhile, here's the February page from my calendar.


You will note names that I have typed on four of the photos on this calendar.  That's to give credit to my daughters who took these four photos.  All the rest of the photos are mine.

Wow, the temperature is up to 32F degrees, and I can feel the difference.  It's warmer!  My phone app says that we will start getting some sort of precipitation around two p.m.  Let me go and look out the window.   Hmmm, a few flakes of something fell and landed on my car.  However, nothing is coming down now.  I'll have to keep an eye on this.

Not that it matters, I'm not going anywhere.  But I do worry about my family members who have to drive back and forth for work when the roads start getting slippery.  

While I was checking on the weather outside, I did start my car again.  (with my remote car starter)  In this weather, I like to start my car once or twice each day.  This way, the battery doesn't die out.  

Today, I may even do a bit of crocheting.  Plus I want to write a letter to a friend.  The mailman brought me a letter from my pen pal friend.  Inside the letter was a Red Raspberry tea bag.  As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to make myself a cup of tea.  

Here's an image that I borrowed from the web to share with you.  This is the season for colds and sore throats.  Maybe this can help.


Now I'm going to make that cup of tea and do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I saw on the weather news that they are expecting a lot of snow or even snowstorms on your Eastside, New Jersy, Boston, etc. I hope the big snow will forget your little part.
Yes, good idea to start your car for a short while, to keep the battery up.

Tomorrow here it will be a bit warmer, around 7-8C, maybe a bit of rain, but also dry periods.

I did assemble two more parts of the couch cover-to be, soon I can put on covers for one couch.

Life nowadays is kind of limited isn;t it? It will stay so for a while more, so we try to keep busy with things, and look forward to Spring.

Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I hope you enjoy your snowfall. The last snowfall predicted for us here this weekend only produced a few snowflakes. I'm not complaining about that though. We still have plenty of snow on the ground:) I like the picture of the bird on your calendar. Very nice.

LV said...

Glad we do not get weather like you. I freeze until summer arrives. Your calendar looks nice, but I never got mine. Be safe and well.

Theresa said...

It's cold and windy here but no precipitation! Our cars are in the garage but I am sure the remote starter is a handy item to use to keep the battery charged. Love the calendar:) Enjoy your day dear friend, stay warm! HUGS!

Anne M Robinson said...

We have nice weather probably one more day. The storms always hit on the weekend so we can not get anything done. I love that jello idea. The hubby loves his remote start in the cold mornings. My poor car is so generic. But I don't go very far in it. I love my little calendar. So sweet. Thanks and have a blessed day