Friday, February 12, 2021

Extra BRRRR!

February 12, 2021

Good morning.  It's really cold this morning.  I feel so bad for all living creatures/beings that have to be outdoors today.  Temps are single digits this morning.  Where are you Spring??  We need you!  I wonder, do we really need these nasty cold temps?  Are they really serving an important service?  Hmmm, I can't think of any.  Can you?

Last evening, I worked on the blue pocket wrap, and finally used up all the yarn in that huge ball of wrapped yarn.  And, I got to start another new skein of yarn.  I now have nineteen more rows to go to finish the wrap.  Well, sort of.  I still have to make the pockets and sew them on.

I think before I finish this blue wrap, I'll work on the Aran wrap and get it close to being finished.  This way, they'll both be done around the same time and I can start a new project.  I do have another color yarn that I was hoping to use for a pocket wrap.  It's sort of a dusty, faded sage green.  It sounds odd, but it really is pretty.  I'll have to think about it.  

I'm thinking I'd like to make a batch of doggie "ghans" to send to a rescue.  There's a red barn full of chairs, couches, doggie beds, toys, etc.  It's a place full of old and needy doggies that no one wanted.  So sad, because they all just want love.  The folks at this place give all the doggies lots of love.  They let each and every doggy know just how awesome they are. 

This past week my new blog book arrived.  Here are photos of the front and back covers.



For those of you planning on buying something to melt the ice in your driveway, here's a product that won't hurt animals and children.  A lot of products that melt the ice also burn the animals feet.


Now I'm off to read some blogs.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Suemn said...

I love the photo covers of your blog book. Such a darling photo of Pogo! Enjoy your weekend and let's hope the warm weather returns soon:)

My Tata's Cottage said...

It is going into the minus column temp wise this weekend. I am tired of this cold. We have not seen a temp past 20 in a week now. PLus I have a cold and it stinks to feel crummy. so instead of being with Harrison at his birthday party here we are at home. But it is better this way. Just want to feel better. STay warm and take care.

smiekeltje said...

Here too it still is too cold for me, but.... next week we will get out of the ünder zero"temperatures. Whoooo.
Hope that soon will happen in your area too.

What a good idea to make that batch for the doggie rescue. So lucky that there are volunteers often who take care of abandoned pets and give them a place of warmth and love.

ou keep busy with all your projects, what will be next?? First of all is getting that vaccination on Wednedsday and I saw on tv that there is a "buddy"project going on in Massachussets, that people who are over 75 and will be vaccinated also can take one "budy"along who gets vaccinated too. That would be great if Deanne could get her shot at the same time.

Isn't it wonderful to see on your blogbook that lovely photo of Pogo? Looking at it, it will hurt you, but at the same time will bring a smile on your face.

Take care dear friend, stay safe and for all warm,
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra