Sunday, February 7, 2021

Where Oh Where Has My Package Gone?

February 7, 2021

Good morning.  Tis gray and cold outside and we'll probably be getting more snow.  I've listened to two different weather forecasts on TV this morning, plus looked at my phone app.  They are all different.  I would like a job like that.  Give a "maybe" forecast and get paid big bucks.  

Folks, I do believe the U. S. Postal System is on its way out of business.  Early in December, I mailed out most of my calendars and Christmas cards.  It's February, and we're still waiting for one to arrive at its destination.  

And it's not just me.  Other folks are having the same problems.  I looked it up on Google, and the Post Office Management is blaming it on Trucks and Planes availability, shortage of employees because of Covid 19 and because of the new practices put into place to keep employees safe.  

I'm not buying this.  Amazon is delivering a lot of more of their own parcels, Christmas is over and folks have supposedly been wearing masks, washing hands often and distancing for a year.  With so many folks out of work, it should not have been a problem hiring temporary workers to make sure the mail and packages got delivered in a timely manner.  

Next week is Valentine's Day.  Oh my heavens!  Can you just imagine the headaches this is going to give the Postal System trying to handle the deluge of valentines?   The solution?  Put them in a box and mail them via UPS.  This might cost more, but at least they will arrive on time.  (I'm just being sarcastic)  

I do feel bad for my mailman.  He does his best to get the mail here.  But he can only control the mail he is given to deliver.  It's the system that is causing the ruckus.  Enough said.  

Moving on to fun things.  Friday, my daughter Deanne and her coworker Mina both wore red to work to take a stand against heart disease.  You gals are so special.  (Mina on left, Deanne on right)



This morning I'm watching a sewing program on TV.  We're being shown how to make baby bibs from guest, hand and bath towels.  What a neat idea!  The bibs are so cute!  And they make wonderful gifts.  I'll bet this idea can even be used to make adult bibs from the bath towels.  The program can be found on Rhode Island PBS - Sewing With Nancy or (NancyZieman.com).

Now it's time for me to do some blog reading.  I really do enjoy reading your blogs.  That and a cup of coffee is a great start for my day.  

Till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Is it really all to blame on Covid at the post? I also doubt that. It might have some influence, but I think also making more profit with less people is a big thing too. And it may also be not a good working system as it was, needs perhaps some rethinking.

But it isn;t nice that still something is missing, and for so long.

Heartdisease is a big thing, and it is always good to seek attention for it and for research too. So thumbs up for Deanne and her collegue.

All day it is snowing here, with still pretty much wind, so best to stay inside, hahaha.

Take care of yourself, have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

The Royal Mail here in the UK has also struggled this winter. I think mail services all over the world have been challenged by the pandemic -- fewer flights to transport mail, fewer people to do the processing because of social distancing rules and illness. But you're right about Amazon -- their stuff does seem to come through, and on time!

LV said...

I FINALLY GOT THE CALENDAR THIS PAST WEEK. I SENT AN EMAIL TO LET YOU KNOW. TRUST IT WENT THROUGH TO YOU. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

Buttercup said...

I didn't get all of my Valentines in the mail soon enough -- bad me! -- and I just hope they get there in February. Love your "Go Red" shares and Deanne and colleague in red. Want to keep us all healthy. Keep cozy and take care!

Claire said...

The big difference in the US Postal workers and Amazon workers is the postal workers are unionized and Amazon is not. Amazon can push their workers more than the postal service is allowed to do.

Theresa said...

Same here, and when I get mail... it sometimes belongs to my neighbor:) USPS needs to get their act together. Amazon could sure teach them a few things. Our weather forecasters are the same, they don't know any more than we do:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

So sorry to read that you are still dealing with missing packages and other mail, Edna. I mailed Valentines cards at least a week and a half ahead of the date, so hopefully they will arrive ok. A couple of people in NJ did receive them. As much as I enjoy using the USPS it has become questionable as to what’s going on and I agree that it’s not related to the virus.