Friday, February 19, 2021

Just A Short Post Today

February 19, 2021

Good morning.  I'm really getting a late start today.  Every now and then I have a bad breathing night and/or day.  Last night and today was one of them.  It's a speck better now than it was earlier this morning.  

Yesterday, I took my friend Kyra's advice and ordered take out Chinese food for my supper.  Oh my, yum, yum!  I haven't had it for so long.  It was simply delicious!  I saved half of it for today.  I really should treat myself to this every other month or so.

This morning, I finished the blue pocket wrap and started on one of the pockets.  I should be working on my tax stuff but I wasn't in the mood for it.  Maybe this weekend I can get a lot of it done.  

This is going to be a short post because I'm tired. (did not sleep well during the night)  But first I do want to share that my friend Beth in Austin, Texas finally has got her electric power back this morning.  They do not have water though.  They are bringing ice and snow indoors to melt to use to flush the toilet.  Beth says they have eight inches of snow in their yard.  Let's all pray that these awful situations end soon for the folks in all these areas. 

Take a look at your thermometer and you'll see that it's too cold for your animals to be left outside.  So PLEASE, PLEASE, BRING THEM INDOORS.  And not just tonight.  All day and all night until it's warm enough to be outdoors.


 Now I'm going to read some blogs before taking a nap.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Seems you don;t have really bad side effects of the vaccination. Let it stay that way.
Oh, I am so happy that you ordered that Chinese take out LOL. And you will enjoy that twice. Yes, why not treat yourself once in a while with that.

Sorry you didnt have a very good night sleep, hopefully todnight it will be better and that your breathing will get better too. You just take it easy for today, just do some crocheting and watch a bit tv, let your body relax.

Oh my, Beth has real bad weather and that for several parts u=in the USA. I saw it on our News. And guess what?Next week we will have just springlike weather, temperatures around 15-18C, no rain, and more and more sunshine. Unbelievable, knowing whatwe had real winter just last week.

Enjoy your Chinese dinner, have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear Beth has her power back! I was wondering how things were going for her. I'm sorry about your breathing -- hope it gets better quickly. We get takeout Chinese every now and then and I always love it! I think it's the salt. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope you are feeling better, Edna, and afternoon naps are great but I have never taken many. The only exception is when I am reading and feeling very comfortable with a warm cup of tea and sometimes will nod off for an hour or so. Hope you were able to get some rest and are breathing easier. Our friends in TX have power, but are also having water issues and hopefully the temps will warm and the snow will stop. We have had snow showers all day today, maybe you have as well, and while it's not accumulating a lot it does look like a snow-globe scene.

Buttercup said...

My biggest effect of the second shot was fatigue. I took an afternoon nap -- couldn't keep my eyes open actually. I also found on my Fitbit that my resting heart rate was up. It finally came back to normal today, a week later. Finally got out and got some exercise today and loved being outside. Take care!