Sunday, February 28, 2021

Farewell To February

February 28, 2021

Good morning.  Enjoy today folks.  It's the last day of this month.  Tomorrow we start another new month.  I don't mind these cold weather months going by fast, but I do hope that the warmer weather months stay with us longer.

Well, I bit the bullet and started on my tax stuff for real.  I got about a third of it done.  I'll work on it again this afternoon.  It needs to be finished within the next week and a half.  Then I'll have to call the accountant to find out how they want me to drop this stuff off to them.

Friday night I started a doggie ghan.  It's a pretty tan color called Buff Fleck.  When it gets a bit bigger, I'll take a photo to share.  In between things I need to finish the two pockets for the Aran wrap.  Then, of course, all the pockets for both wraps need to be sewed on.  

Deanne came by and helped me to make a couple short videos for the crocheting, and then she figured out how to send them to our friend.  I don't use Messenger, but for this one thing I did and it worked.

Yesterday when I went out on my porch to get the mail, I noticed a bit of color in the little garden by the kitchen windows.  So, I grabbed my camera and oh my!  Spring flowers are popping up through the ground.  Amazing!




The last photo shows one of the tiny new shoots on one of the rose bushes.  Woo Hoo!  Spring is coming!  

On that happy note, I'm off to make some lunch, and then it's tax time again.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Congrats to you for starting the tax stuff whooooooo!
Isn't it amazing that tomorrow we will start already the 3rd month of the year? It is good to see that also in your garden spring is showing itself.

Fantastic that Deanne helped you with the video's and that she managed to send them via Messenger. She's sometimes like Wonder Women, hahaha.

Buckle up for the next part of the tax stuff, and you'll be happy to have done it.
Have a lovely day my friend,
Hug
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Good afternoon Ms.Edna, it sounds like Spring is ready to pop up there in your State, it's all so exciting and encouraging.
We have 74 degrees here today, a little too warm I'm afraid, as exactly this time last year we had the same weather pattern, and an F-4 tornado barreled through our little county :(
The doggie afghan sounds sweet, you are so creative !
Good on you, preparing your taxes, I'm sad to say, I've yet to tackle mine...
Stay well !
Hugs,
~Jo

Kathy said...

It's so exciting to see a little green in the yard. I'm still waiting for mine.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Tax prep is something that none of us enjoy doing, Edna, so you are not alone in procrastinating.Years past, we did our own tax returns, but it's been many years since those days. Now, we just gather all the relevant 1099 statements and deliver to an accountant and then follow his instructions once all is done and the CPA firm electronically files for us as well. Of course, it's most costly than self-prep and a tax program, but makes us feel more confident of no (or hopefully) less change for a mistake.

Nice to see that you have some signs that spring will be arriving...one day, soon we hope.

Anne Robinson said...

Taxes are the pits for all of us. UGH! Bea was waiting for her tax lady today. She never receied her $600 stimulus. So I do know there is a place to state that on the tax forms. I hope all works out well for you. You take care and behave, hee hee hee. I know how you love mischief. That's why I LOVE YA so much.