Thursday, February 11, 2021

An Awesome Snowman!

February 11, 2021

Good morning.  I tried my best to sleep late this morning, but I couldn't get back to sleep.  So I got up and made breakfast.  Today I had a breakfast bowl.  Eggs, potatoes, cheese and sausage.  I added a couple extra sausage links to it.  Add a cup of coffee, orange juice and toast, and it's a great way to start my day.  

Speaking of new days, I found this image on the web and borrowed it.  It's something for all us "oldies" to remember.  Every morning is a gift.  We are lucky to be able to grow old.  Not everyone gets this gift.

Well, I put some more rows on the blue pocket wrap.  Remember all those rows that I had to rip out?  And I had rolled the yarn into a huge ball?  I've put a lot of those rows back on and I still have a large ball of yarn to go through before all the torn out rows are re-crocheted.  Sighhhhhhh.  I'm getting there.

I also did away with a bag full of junk mail.  I tried using a black "Police" (brand name) ink stamper on the junk mail.  It only works on half of the mail.  It all depends on the type of paper being stamped.  On some, the ink covers everything, and on the rest it does not cover any printing.  You also have to give the ink a few minutes on each piece of paper to dry.  Other wise, the wet ink gets on everything.  This is my little "Police" ink stamper.

I downloaded a photo from the web that a friend had posted.  Someone  has a wonderful sense of humor and showed it when they were outside shoveling snow during one of the recent snow storms.  I just love love this snowman!

Before I forget, Deanne heard on the radio yesterday that folks over 75 in my town could go online and get an appointment for the Covid vaccine.  So she went online and got me an appointment for next Wednesday at 2 p.m.

Now I'm off to read some blogs.  Till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I love that crazy snowman! Glad to hear you've got your jab sorted out. Pretty much everyone over 70 has been vaccinated here and now they're starting on the next group. My brother had his today and he's only 65 - apparently the vaccination centre had vaccine left over from the first group and have started on younger people rather than throw vaccine away. Take care.

smiekeltje said...

Love that snowman, people who made it have great imagination.

Pity you couldn;t sleep a bit longer, but you used the time to have a big(sounds to me) breakfast. Well, I am sure it kept you going during big part of the day.
Oh, that black stamp thing looks pretty good, better than having to cute all things off, it saves time, even if it doesn;t work well o all kinds of paper.

Best news for me is to hear you will get soon your Covid vaccination. Not meaning you can go out everywhere without precaution, but you know that. Still it has something reassuring.
I have no idea when we will be in the line.

Every day some rows on the blue pocket rap will finish it, LOL.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad you got your vaccine appointment! That thing about growing old is so true. I often think about a boy I knew in high school who died just before our senior year. Now that I'm 54, it really hits home how much life he missed.

Suemn said...

That's wonderful that you have a scheduled appointment for your vaccination shot. I am still waiting for my name either to be selected from the state vaccination lottery (random selection once a week) or for other pharmacies/clinics to offer it to those 65 and over. Your breakfast today sounds really good to me right now:)

Kathy said...

I have heard about those inkers and wondered if they really worked. Good to know about them. I love that snowman. What a sense of humor that person has. Take care and stay warm.

Theresa said...

I tried to go back to sleep this morning and just couldn't. I got up and started the coffee, a nap is in my future today. That snowman is tooooo cute:) We get our 2nd shot next week, I am happy that you are scheduled to get it. Those shots are really hard to find in our area. A friend of mine was having a hard time finding one but is finally getting it Tuesday. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Anne M Robinson said...

You always share fun. I hope you are staying warm and healthy. Take care and enjoy the weekend. Be W A R M !