Sunday, February 14, 2021

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

February 14, 2021

Good morning.  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  I hope each of you received a Valentine card from a friend or loved one.  We're never too old to enjoy getting a Valentine card.  I got some too, from homemade cards to "pop up" cards.  It's such a wonderful way to say I love you.

This little image that I borrowed from the web isn't a Valentine, but it could be.  These little mice are so happy that you can't help but smile and be happy too.

So, what have I been doing this weekend?  Not a whole lot!  But I did crochet quite a few rows on the Aran pocket wrap.  There are now less than thirty rows to go to finish it.  I'd still like to make a couple more of these wraps, but I'll mix in a few doggie "ghans" as I go.  

Audrey sent me a new photo of great granddaughter Alena proudly showing off her newly acquired yellow belt.  Alena takes Hapkido lessons.  Congratulations to you Alena.  Meema is very proud of you.


I've been skipping around on the TV channels to find something interesting (to me) to watch.  What's being offered is very disappointing so I've settled on Pinkalicious and Peterrific.  Now that's sad, isn't it?  Well, it's early.  Maybe there'll be some decent adult programs (re-runs) on as the morning gets closer to noon time.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I should do some laundry today.  I was also thinking about making a pot of meat sauce and pasta but I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer.  I'll do that now and maybe I can make the sauce and pasta tomorrow.  

Now I'm going to make a fresh cup of coffee and do some blog reading.  So, Y'all stay safe and have a Happy Valentine's Day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

Steve Reed said...

You're challenging my pop culture knowledge, here -- I've never heard of Hapkido OR "Pinkalicious and Peterrific"! :)

Susan Zarzycki said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Edna! Your lovely attitude towards life always gives me a lift when I read your posts. I love the mice and hearts! I copied it, I hope you don't mind. 💖

smiekeltje said...

Happy Valentines Day to you.

Never mind for the pasta sauce. Just take the meet out and make it later or tomorrow. Those things happen to me too sometimes.

Yes there are times on tv that there isn;t anything nice to watch, and i wonder how they manage to do so(with so many channels).

Is Hapkido something like Aikido, as a kind of fighting/defence sport(like judo or karate0?

How is your weather? Here it will be better next week, yippee.

Now I will go posting on my blog, I am very late today.
Have a lovely day, stay safe
two hugs for today as a Valentine extra LOL.
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sending best wishes to you, Edna, for a Happy Hearts Day, which is my preferred name for this day. I sent out valentines cards to family and friends and my husband and I exchanged them as well. We received an unexpected gift, some homemade cookies from a neighbor, which really will be great for dessert tonight! Hope you can find something interesting to watch, I never turn on the TV but prefer YouTube or Netflix instead.

Buttercup said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I had a lazy early day, but enjoyed a second and a third cup of coffee and doing my Valentine blog post. Now I'm going out for some fresh air. It's relatively warmer today and I'm going to take advantage. Take care!

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I'm a little late in commenting to your Valentine Day post but I hope you had a very nice day. I have sometimes watched bits of Pinkalicious too. I love the pink. ha! It's very cold here today and I may decide to hold off on my Costco shopping until tomorrow.

Theresa said...

Yes, TV has been disappointing lately. We watched the Daytona 500 until the rain delayed it until almost my bedtime:) We had spaghetti for dinner last night. It was so yummy. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Congrats to your greatgrandgirl! THat is terrific! My hubby studied for many years and he was a real good athlete especially with the martial arts.It is hard work but if you love it, it is fun! We were eating leftovers. Rebekah makes this chart and we are suppose to eat all the leftovers. THey are going to the mountains for 4 dayd so Nick and I have dog duty THursday and the hubby willbe home Friday. YaY,then the weekend. Zach's twin and her hubby and little girl are coming in from Michigan. They are going to Avalanche Ranch. It is lovely but the hubby's asthma it is best we go in the SPringtime. Neither one of us needs to be running fromt he hot springs in flip flops and terry robes to our cabin! It is quite beautiful though. Take care. XO