Friday, February 5, 2021

What's Up With The Mail Service?

February 5, 2021

Good morning.  Tis a gray day so far.  My phone app says it should start raining soon and temps should get up to 39F degrees.  Woo Hoo, a little heat wave!  Wet and warm!  (sort of)

It's been rather quiet around here.  I haven't really been doing much of anything.  Just the ususal, wash dishes, cook a bit, deal with bills, etc.  I can't wait for the warmer temps to get here so that I can sit out on my porch and watch the birds and small critters.  Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (image borrowed from web)

Spring will be here in 43 more days.  Hopefully, the warmer temps will be here then too.  I was hoping to try a hanging tomato plant this year, but I have to see if it will actually grow on the porch.  I haven't been having much luck with planting in the yard, so the porch might just work better.  We'll see.

You know, last September I turned my Time Share back in to the managing company.  It is expensive to maintain, and if I can't go there and use it, then I can't justify the expense.  I really love it there, but with Covid 19 everywhere, I can't take the chance of travelling anywhere.  Today I called them to remind them that I never received any confirmation papers from them.  They said they never received my paper work.  

This is leaving me very unhappy with the U.S. Postal Service.  A lot of my mail has gone missing.  I've had to put stop payments on checks that I sent to pay bills, track packages for weeks - some that never got to their destination, and now even lost regular mail.  

Seriously, you can't blame all of this on Covid 19.  It didn't all happen at the same time either.  It started back in February 2020 and is still happening a year later.  I really wish we had an alternative way to send our mail. 

Ah well, I woke up again this morning, so it is still a good world to be in.  Here's a giggle for you.  I found this actually on sale on Amazon.  Can you believe it?  

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Hi, Edna I totally agree with you about the Mail system. It didn't just happen overnight. I have mail that hasn't arrived and if I thought that getting it all to the Post Office helped any I was wrong about that too. I too.

I am very tired this morning. I tossed and turned most of the night with strange dreams. Not scary, just strange.

My daughter Laurie and David came by night before last. It was a surprise visit. So Karyn is off at noon today and we have plans to see the kids and spend a little time with them while they are in town. I will talk to you later on. Big hugs to you and Pogo... XOXOXO

Susie said...

Oh Edna, I have been longing for warmer weather so I can sit out on the porch too. I have sat out before with my coat on in winter...but not this winter..It's been just too windy and cold. Our post has been kind of slow ,like pony express. I sent my car payment in with a note saying ,"if this is late , blame the postal service. " LOL
Hope you and I are sitting on the porch really soon. 43 days...spring is almost here. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

smiekeltje said...

It is more than annoying that some ost isn;t arriving at its destination! Seems you will have to send paper mail and if possible also an email and print it out to have evidence of writing. Gosh, hope the management of your Time Share is doing the right thing now. I think you will have a copy of your letter to the management? Could help perhaps. We still can depend more or less on our post, till now all the bills for paying i send out by post seem to arrive at time.

A hanging tomatoe plant could be a good experiment. as long as you have sufficient sunshine on the place where you will hang the tomatoe and give enough water and sometimes a bit of extra feed, it should work well.

Oh, wonderful you have a bit of "warmer"temperature. We are heading for almost a week at the least of very cold weather, not looking forward to that. Even at daytime we probably will not be in the plus temperature anymore. BRRRRRRR.

You keep busy with whatever you can think off(but take a nap sometimes too hahaha), and stay safe and warm.
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra

A Brit in Tennessee said...

The mail system has gone to the dogs...
I never thought twice about mail not arriving, until our mail started getting delivered across the street, down the street, over town someplace, goodness knows where.
They blamed in on the automation in the big city, the sorters were sometimes "off"...not buying that excuse, our mail lady is the worst we have ever had, at least once a week we have wrong mail delivered. You would think they have to sort through their trays in order to make sure everything is correct...ooh wait they do ! Lack of detail is what I'm calling it.
Rant over, sorry.
Yes, hoping the nicer weather is not long off, and best to stay safe, than to go gallivanting around methinks.
Have a great weekend dear friend,
Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's distressing to read that you are still having such problems with mail and package deliveries, Edna. We did have some late holiday greetings. I agree that it all can't be blamed on the pandemic, but then I have also heard of so postal workers being out. It's also unfortunate that you had to put stop payments on checks as I know there's an associated cost to do that. I know how much you and Pogo used to enjoy the timeshare, but as you said it's better to be safe now rather than travel anywhere.

Thanks for your well wishes for my birthday this week, much appreciated.

Kathy said...

I just got a Christmas card from my brother and sister-in-law this week. What's with that? It was postmarked January 25. And I mailed a large envelope with cards and church bulletins to my friend in a nursing home and she never received them. It really is crazy how the mail is these days.

We are getting another major snow storm tomorrow and then the temperatures are dropping into the 20s. I can't wait until spring.