Thursday, February 18, 2021

A Good Day Yesterday

February 18, 2021

Good morning.  Well, I had my first Covid shot yesterday and I'm okay.  I guess I let myself get all nervous about it when I didn't need to.  You know, when I was much younger, I was very brave.  Now that I'm older I'm more of a wimp.  I do want to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement.  It really did help me a lot.  

On the way home from getting the vaccination, Deanne and I stopped by Wendy's to get some lunch.  We ordered extra french fries and parked in a spot with room for lots of birds.  Then we fed french fries to the seagulls.  One bird even flew onto my car, right in front of my windshield.  Now THAT was the highlight of my day!


When we got back to my house, Deanne stayed with me for a while before going home through the park.  Naturally, she took a few photos of how beautiful it was there and sent them to me to share.  


Is it any wonder why I miss the park?  It's such a beautiful, peaceful place.  

After I had me a nap, I ate my supper, then attempted to watch TV.  I don't think I got to see much of anything because I kept dozing off.  Finally I just put on the old games channel.  This way I really didn't miss anything if I dozed off.  I think letting my nerves get the best of me made me wicked tired.

Before I leave to do some blog reading, let's all send prayers to the folks all around the country who are dealing with days of no electric power, icy sleet storms, too much snow, too much rain and empty food store shelves.  Then let us count our blessing if we are not having those problems.  

Till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

That bird looks very demanding! Glad your shot went well.

smiekeltje said...

Glad your vaccin shot went well and you don;t have any annoying side effects.
Did Deanne get her shot at the same time or wasn;t that a possibility?
Good you had a fine lunch with Deanne on the way back. And yes, I understand you were a bit tired, well, dozing off and some naps will do the trick today I guess.
Now on to the next shot!
Have a bwonderful day,
Hug
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good for you on getting the 1st vaccine shot, Edna. We did as well and were not the least bit nervous or hesitant, but can understand a bit of both. The park area does look lovely with the snow cover too.