Friday, February 26, 2021

Having Fun With Patterns And Yarn

February 26, 2021

Good morning.  Tis cold outside, but the sun is shining.  Temps today may even hit forty degrees.  Do you suppose the warmer temps may be on their way into New England?  Wouldn't that be nice!  

Here's an image I borrowed from the web.  

Yesterday, Deanne came by and brought me a big bowl of Shepherd's Pie for my supper.  Yum Yum!  There was enough for two meals so you can guess what I'm having for supper later today.   Thank you Deanne, it was delicious!  You know, cooking is not my forte but my children are wonderful cooks.  

Last night I spent some time trying to figure out a pattern for my doggie ghans.  (ghans is short for afghan)  I know the pattern but I was trying to figure out how many chains to start with in order to end up with how many pattern stitches.   Normally this should not take very long, but my brain takes a bit longer these days to figure things out.  

I went through my yarn stash and found some nice colors to use for my doggie ghans, and I put some yarn aside for my friend to practice with.  I have two small videos to make (how to make the chains) and (how to make the single crochet).  Gosh, this would be so much easier if we could just get together for a while and I could show her in person how to do this.  Alas, it is what it is.

With so many fun projects on tap, my days are full up.  I have to make an appointment with myself just to wash the dishes.  (that's a joke! hahaha)  The dishes just aren't as much fun.  

I just tried to send my little videos from my phone to my laptop and they won't go.  It says they are too big.  (they really are just tiny) .  This changes my plans.  Now I will have to transfer the videos from the phone to the laptop via a USB cord, and then put them on a thumbdrive.  Okay, I can do this.

Now I'm going to go see about those dishes and then do a bit of blog reading.  Before I go, let me share this image with you.  (image borrowed from web)  This is really interesting if you stop and think about it.  Most folks don't realize how well off they are.

So, till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Making an appointment with yourself to wash the dishes -- you made me chuckle. I like that. Dishes aren't a problem for me, but mopping the tile floors are what I tend to put on the back burner. We all have our dislikes, don't we?

Thanks for the image about waking up in the morning. I need to focus on how blessed I am to wake up to a new day. And the other image, too, listing basic things we have that more than 70% of the world does NOT have.

Gratitude is in short supply.

Blessings to you, Edna.

smiekeltje said...

Another delicious supper treat from Deanne. She is spoiling you, hahaha.
It seems that new techs sometimes aren;t as easy going as they say it should. Pity you cannot upload the video's straight away.
Would it work on the laptop to upload it straight away if you did it by webcam? I am just wondering, because I have no idea at all.

The last picture you have about how lucky in fact lots of us are, is something to think about, isn;t it? How hard times we may have , it seems there are lots of people who have literally nothing at all, and this isn;t right nowadays. But to change that it will take years and ages, if it ever will change.
So we can still be grateful, we have some money, something to eat and a roof over our head.

Jan and I will have a very easy supper today, I just bought us a fried chicken, just have to warm it up in the oven and we each take a half, which is more than enough for us. It has been some time ago we did have such a chicken.

Have fun with your doggie ghans(you will figure out the pattern), and have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

We do have to count our blessings, it's true. I love shepherd's pie!