Tuesday, February 16, 2021

New Types Of Interest Fees

February 16, 2021

Good morning.  My phone app says we'll have temps as high as forty four degrees with rain today.  We need to enjoy it because tomorrow the temps drop back down into the twenties.  I'm trying very hard not to complain about the cold temps we've been having because we are no where near as cold as our Northern states.  They are beyond wicked cold!

Do you look at all the charges on your credit card bills?  I do, and I've noticed a new thing on one card.  They have started charging a "just because" interest fee. (this is not what the company calls it)  I called them to find  out why I was being charged this interest fee and they explained their new interest charge.  (I did not understand any of their explanation except that it had nothing to do with me)  I disagree about it being fair and legal so I told them to close out my account.  I would pay the new bill and then cut up my card.  

I'm beginning to wonder just what our new normal is going to be.  Will we ever get rid of the masks?  If not, what will we do about the folks who cannot breathe while wearing the masks?  Will we have to start paying for the costs of any changes that companies have had to make in order to stay in business?  I can understand helping to pick up the cost of some of these changes, but an interest fee on credit cards?  What new costs did these credit companies incur?  

Actually, some creditors are enjoying lots of new late charges, saying that the payments did not reach them by the due dates.  Check your bank statements.  They will show you the date your check was cashed.   Then check with your creditor and ask why it took several days after cashing your check to post the payment to your account.  I did.  They did not have an answer.

End of rant.  How about an image showing an overload of cuteness?  I just could not  pass this image by without sharing it with you.  It is just too precious!

A few days ago, Deanne stopped in the park to take some photos of the swans.  A lot of the water in the ponds is frozen, leaving small patches of water for the birds.

One of the first things I'd like to do when the warmer temps get here is to take a ride to the park and take photos of the water birds.  I'll take my lunch with me and make it a picnic.  

It's time now for me to start working on my tax stuff.  I've put it off as long as I dare.  I looked up on Google for information about this year's deadline date for filing our taxes and it said the April 15 date stands.  So, that's what I'll be doing for a while.  If I just get expenses all listed in columns before the end of this month, I'll be able to finish up my part in plenty of time to get everything to the tax accountant by mid March.

On that note, I'm going to stop now and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Oh, Lord, I haven't even thought about taxes yet. But it is that time, isn't it?

I only maintain one credit card, and I almost never use it, but even so I'll watch for those hidden fees! A lot of people aren't careful about that kind of thing and they probably pay them no questions asked.

smiekeltje said...

Banks love to charge you for costs of anything and raise those costs every year, or may every two years. Looking at it it isn;t much, but when you count together for the year it is money for.....??????

And that are no interest fees, because here we do a lot with bankcards and not creditcards. Creditcards are often much more expensive.

Taxes are due soon too, I know. I almost have already all papers I need for my accountant to make the income tax form.
I am so happy I just have to assemble all papers needed and make copies and then send it away and for a small fee he does all h=the work.

Hopefully we will not have to wear the masks much longer, although I count with it that it will take at least half a year.
A lot depends on how fast vaccination will be done for all.

I cross my fingers for you that soon you will have nice enough temperatures to make a trip to the park, if there is some sunshine and bearablle temperatures, you can wear a warm coat and shawl and enjoy some fresh air and look at the waterbirds.

Almost all ice and snow has disappeared here, just some patches here and there, but I was out today and it was much, much better than last week.
Have an appointment for the glasses on Thursday, we'll see if it helps(a new check of the eyes etc.).

Wishing you a fantastic day and lot of speed for the tax columns, hahaha.
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Always a fun share from you and photos too. You all take great shots. Poor birds can not even swim in peace and comfort. We are warming up but Texas and LOuisana, Lord have mercy I heard 5 degrees in Monroe, LA. Yikes those are our temps lately! ALways my pleasure to visit you here. Thanks and stay warm. Do not get me started on credit card companies. But Mr. OBummer ticked them off and we have all been paying ever since! UGH!