Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Woo Hoo! My Last Package Has Finally Been Delivered!

February 9, 2021

Good morning.  How about that!  My last calendar package that I mailed out early in December has finally been delivered.  It only took almost two months..  I'm just glad to know that it finally got there.  

We've been getting quite a bit of snow lately, and I'm having a problem finding a snow plow driver to come and plow a lot of the snow away.  I have called lots of numbers and left lots of messages.  This morning I finally got the first return call, only to say that they don't plow anymore.  

Today we are expecting several more inches of snow.  All day and into the night.  I just called the Town Hall clerk to see if there is a listing of people who do residential snow plowing, and there is no list.  Hopefully, someone will answer from the messages that I left.

The good news this week is that great granddaughter Alena made the local news in her hometown.  Her school class had a guest speaker, and some of the students were featured in the newspaper article.  Alena was one of them.  She's in the middle bottom photo.


I wonder if our kids will ever get back into their classrooms.  It's beginning to look like this Covid 19 thing is going to last another year at least, not to mention the new viruses that are showing up in a lot of places.  We don't even know yet how they will affect the situation.  

How about the vaccines?  Are many of you able to get the vaccine?  Has it been made available to your neighborhoods yet?  Our governor says lots of places are being set up in our cities and towns to give out the vaccine, but so far there are none of them open yet.  

I wonder why it is taking so long to get the vaccines to the public.  Some folks are being told that the vaccine won't be available to them until June or July.  Someone told me that it has to do with the fact that special freezers are needed to store the vaccine and not very many places have access to these freezers.  Can this be so?  Hmmm, food for thought.

I found this adorable image on the web and had to borrow it to share with you.  Wouldn't it be fun if we could just knit or crochet us a few new friends?  


I also borrowed an image that shows Maxine's thoughts on the Big Game this past weekend.  She's a hoot!

Well, that's my news for today.  I have more calls to make, trying to find someone who plows snow.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray for the arrived package, hahaha.
I hope you will find somewhere a plow for the snow. We've had quite some snowfall, today however it was really nice weather, with lot of sunshine, temps around may be -4C, and very little wind So I went out for some grocerie shopping and it felt real nice outside. It only is difficult to walk on the snow(under it is iced) and specially with my shopping car, but i managed. Walked slowly and took good care.

I bet alena felt proud she made the news, with photo! Yes, it is difficult for the kids, here the low grades are opened again, that's till 12th year. All others till closed.
I can;t figure out why it takes that long to get a good vaccination strategy. Pfizr is har, while it needs those real low temperatures for storing, but Moderna can be kept in normal fridges, so?????
Here vaccination goes too slow too. We'll just have to hope for better times soon.

Meanwhile stay safe and don;t let the situation get to you. Have a lovely day(as much as possible, these days,I know)
Hug
Kyra

Suemn said...

Yay! For having your package finally arrive at its destination. Oh brother:) I hope you have good luck in finding a residential plow service to plow your driveway today. We're in the same boat as you for vaccine shots... it's a waiting game.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Maybe I should make myself a puppy! lol That's pretty cute! And I'm glad your package finally made it. Sweet hugs!

Susie said...

Edna, I had to laugh, thank you for the funny things you posted. Finally the mail has been delivered. Hooray. I need to get busy making friends too. LOL. loved that. I pray God will help rid the world of this virus. One year I had a hard time finding a desk calendar ..one man at the local dollar store told me I could make myself one...LOL. I said yes it would be easy since I am retired...it would be 6 Saturdays and One Sunday a week. I love to write things on calendars....helps to remember. Hope you get plowed out. Yes, where are the groups that shovel , plow, rake or mow?? Strong young healthy boys could be making money, helping us oldsters. Blessings, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

Alphie Soup said...

The making new friends and the Super bowl images made me laugh.
Alphie