Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Six More Weeks Of Winter!

February 3, 2021

Good morning.  Tis a wee bit warmer this morning.  Our high today will be around 31F degrees.  The yard is a mess with whatever snow that was just too heavy to be shoveled away.  I did make several calls yesterday about getting a plow to come in, and could only leave messages on their answering machines.  So far, none of them has returned my call.

I know that lots of folks use their snow blowers to move the rain soaked snow, but we do not.  The snow blower isn't made to move rainwater.  It will cause damage to this expensive machine.  I even checked it out on Google to make sure of my facts.  There are special snow blowers that are built to move the water but my machine is not one of them.  So now we're hoping for a bit of help from Mother Nature to help move the frozen mess from the driveway.  

Yesterday was Ground Hog Day.  Well, the ground hog saw his shadow and now we have six more weeks of Winter.  But of course, we knew that.  Right?  Still, it was fun to watch the traditional ceremony on TV.  

My phone app says that we have more snow coming during the wee hours tonight.  Maybe even some more tomorrow.  We'll wait and see.  The forecast changes quickly here in New England.

I found an interesting item on the web and borrowed it to share with you.  I forgot to note the date that this article was published in the newspaper.  But I was impressed at the wisdom of the article's author.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading while I keep watch for the mailman.  Before I go, let me leave you with one more reminder.

I know I sound like a broken record at times, but unless you'd be comfortable staying outdoors all day and night in this wicked cold weather, please help me help the animals.  Thank you.

So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Mr. Sullivan had a good iea of how we would have our phones today. Amazing.
As you have snow, we here have all day rain, perhaps at the moment it stopped a bit, but it was a real wet day, so I stayed inseide.

I bet the snowplow companies have a lot to do at the moment, so perhaps the best you can do is hoping indeed that Mother Nature will let the snow go away and otherwise you probably will need to make lots more phonecalls to snowplow companies.

I did make some phonecalls(kind of business lie ones) today, did some ironing, prepared for dinner, did a stash of paperwork in binders, my table looks at once very empty LOL.

I cross my fingers for you that you will not have much more snow.

Have a wonderful day in the knowing that there are not too much weeks anymore till Spring(with hopefully nice weather)
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I love how you're always watching out for the animals, Edna. :)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Good morning. STay warm my friend! I am tucked inside my warm blankets for a bit longer. Lazy days. We have had three magnificent days of 60 plus temps. But the snow is coming and we have areas in the backyard where the chunkcs of snowy ice are still ugly, sitting there staring at us. Plus the needles from these icked pine trees. Argh....But I do the best I can and check small paws for stickers and needles and such. Yes if you can not keep your pets indoors do not have them. THey are no different then we are except they have no shoes or boots to wear! I think people who leave poor defenseless animals outdoors in sub zero temps shpould be tied and left there too! Hannah told me yesterday cousin LIndsay up in ALaska said it was a tiny -8! Brrrr........Hannah has had light snow all week long. They plow sometime three or four times to clear an area so Jake can get to work and back again.
THat grounddog needs to get a life! HaHaHa he is sure annoying. But we are in need of the snow as it has been a more dry winter with only a few storms that stuck around. Hoping you are having a beautiful day. HUGS and LOVE

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I was hoping we would be seeing Spring sooner rather than later....
The sun is out today, but still a bitterly cold wind blowing.
Hope you are having a nice week Ms. Edna.
~Jo


Suemn said...

Winter, you've gotta love it right? ha!