Monday, February 15, 2021

Memories And Good Food

February 15, 2021

Good morning.   Did you know that there are only thirty three more days till Spring?  I'm keeping my fingers and toes all crossed hoping that the warmer temps arrive with the new season.  

It's only two more days till my first vaccine shot.  Have any of you received the second shot yet?  I'm a bit nervous about that one.  I've been reading a lot of stories about how sick folks are getting after their second shot.  The last thing I need right now is to get sick.  Well, I have three more weeks to think about it.

Did anyone watch the Grand Ole Opry Special on TV last night?  What a difference between this new Opry building and the old Opry building.  I went to "Fan Fair Week" in Nashville one year (1992) and got to see parts of this building.  I love Country music and I'm so glad that I got to go to this awesome week long event.  Here's a photo of me and a fabulous young country music singer, Joe Barnhill.

Hmmm, memories!  My friend Ginny May and I drove to Nashville (Tennessee) twice.  The first year, we enjoyed visiting different sites around town.  The second year was for the week of Fan Fair.  We got to meet so many of the country music stars.  It was simply awesome.  Two things that have always stayed in my mind about these trips was the sun coming up in the morning as we drove through the mountains, and seeing herds of buffalo grazing along the roadside.  Simply beautiful!

I found a new crochet pattern for an adorable dress.  No, I'm not going to make it, but I can appreciate how pretty it is.  You can find it at Annie'sCraftStore.com.  (Birdie Crochet Dress - Annie's 159045_3)

If my girls were still in school, I might give this dress pattern a try.  I used to love making their clothes.  Now, in my elder years, I prefer to stick with easy patterns that don't require a lot of thinking.  

I was going to be making a pot of meat sauce and pasta today, but yesterday Deanne and Eddie stopped by with a huge dinner that Deanne had cooked for me.  It was delicious and there was enough for two suppers.  I'm going to enjoy the rest of it today.  The pasta will wait till tomorrow.  

Now I'm going to do a it of blog reading before starting this new day.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Memories are so nice! I remember I went to a concert of a very well known Austrian singer, Udo Juergens, I was mad about him and his songs LOL. I never forget how awesome it was( and I was just about 16-17 years old then).
Gosh you made big trips with your friend! Must say that country singer looks very well(you chose good for the photo, hahaha)

So nice of Deanne to briing you a ready cooked meal and how lovely it is there is enough for you for a seceond day. And yes, now the pasta sauce can wait for a day.

That dress is quite pretty, but I will not make that either. I love, like you now, the easier patterns and projects.

Outside all is thawing now, and how wonderful is that? Hope it will soon happen in your part of the world too. I stayed home today, because it was still slippery and I will go to the optician tomorrow.

Oh, I think you shouldn;t worry too much about the second shot. They talked about it here too, and there were really just a couple of elderly that had some trouble with it. For the best working of the vaccin I think you should take the second one too. But it is up to you of course, if you will feel comfortable taking it.

Have a beautiful day,
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I have never been to Nashville, and I had NO IDEA there are buffalo there? (Or on the way there.) I've heard that some people have reactions to the second shot, but look at it this way -- it's better than getting the real thing!

Suemn said...

That dress is so cute!

Anne M Robinson said...

You hve had some exciting travels. I will be praying about your shot too. I heard so many negative things. I know people wish to be protected but now it sounds like an annual thing and they are saying, what, the flu? No such thing! Crazy times! That crochet pattern is super cute. Sigh...you are so talented. Stay warm and safe and healthy my frienc.