Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I Think I Have A Plow Guy Coming Today

February 10, 2021

Good morning. Yesterday I hired a plow guy to come by today.  He said he might even come last night when the snow stopped, but he did not.  So, I'm hoping he is going to come by today.  If he doesn't, I just don't know.  It's difficult doing business with people who don't call you back or keep you informed of what they are planning.  We'll see.

I got up really early this morning just in case.  I watched a bit of TV and crocheted a few rows on the Aran pocket wrap.  Then I made breakfast.  Whoa!  I just got a call.  My plow man is right outside my door.  I'll be right back........

This is awesome.  He's even going to clear the space in front of my steps.  I didn't think he could maneuver his plow in there but he can.  (My car is still parked in front of my porch, and it's covered with snow.  This makes it difficult to get a plow truck close to my steps.)  You can bet I'll be calling him from now on when it snows.  

Last night I managed to write a letter and some cards that are needing to be put in the mail this morning.  I'm starting to get back into my regular old routine.  Sort of.  I'm working on making a new list of birthdays and anniversaries.  Another project I want to do soon is to clean out my big freezer of any old food that is not going to be eaten.  

Now I want to remind everyone that it's too cold outside to be leaving animals out there.  If it's not comfortable for you to stay outside all day and night, then it's too cold for the animals.  I know I sound like a broken record, but please help these beautiful souls.  If you were out there with them, they would cover you with their body to keep you warm.  Think about that!


 A while ago I found another version of this next image and posted it here.  I came across this one a few days ago on the web and just had to share it.  I love the imagination used to create this image.


Now I'm off to do some blog reading before getting into any fun mischief.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

How wonderful you had someone with a plow coming and such a nice person too!
Oh, cleaning out the freezer is a good job to do every now and then. I try to do that kind of regularly too, because there always are things left that are really too old.

And it is good you get back in a sort of usual routine again. These times don;t make it easier to hold on to a certain troutine.

I just am back from getting my glasses. Gosh, I have them on now, but it is still a funny sight. I know this is always the case with new glasses(vcertainly when I had those old ones for too long).
It will take some days to get used to it, if not next week I will go back to have them take another look on it. But i hope it wil not be necessary.

Still snow lying around here and all week cold temperatures(specially nights). The bird are happy with me feeding them a bit extra.

You take care and have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Well I'm glad the plow guy showed up and is apparently able to do the job thoroughly! Olga is happily curled on the couch next to me in the heated house, so no worries here about anyone being left outside. :)

Suemn said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found someone who will plow your driveway and near the steps. Don't lose his phone number:) I laughed when I saw the image you posted for the wrench feeding her youngsters.

Buttercup said...

This was a big issue for my mother, who lived in suburban Connecticut. Would the snow plow guy be reliable? Hope your person showed up. We've had three days of sunny weather and I am so grateful. Got out a number of cards and the package I sent to my goddaughter who lives in Upstate NY arrived in two days. I'm optimistic about the post office moving forward. Didn't expect it would get there so timely. Take care!