Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Today's The Big Day!

February 17, 2021

Good morning.  Well, today is the big day.  Today I get my first vaccine shot.  I don't know if I'm happy or what.  The vaccine post online has an article about what folks who accompany us old folks should do after we get our shot.  Number one on the list is to not leave us alone for several hours, eight hours is best, because of the side effects we'll be experiencing.  

I wonder if this is written to scare us off so that we won't take the shot.  Or if it is true, why are we finding out about it in an obscure post hidden somewhere online.  Why haven't all the cities and towns sent this information out to all their residents?   A lot of older folks do not have internet or laptops and tablets.  

I'm curious to see how the clinic is set up.  Supposedly, it is a drive through.  We stay in our automobile, have all our identification ready (although we already had to give it to them online) and have the recipient arm bare of any clothing.  I guess we drive through a tent of sorts.  If nothing else, this is all very interesting.  I'll let you know how it goes on my next post.

If I'm having any side effects from the vaccine, I'm going to want to go to bed when I get back home.  I've already cooked my supper for tonight.  Late last night I was catching up on some programs that I had recorded, so I cooked today's supper, cooled it and put it in the refrigerator while I was enjoying "All God's Creatures, Great and Small" and "Blue Bloods."  

If I don't feel like cooking tomorrow, I can order something to be delivered.  If I don't post tomorrow, you'll know I'm under the weather and I'll post when I'm back up to snuff.  (I'll bet you haven't heard that phrase (up to snuff) in a long time.  

Last evening, I had a nice long phone chat with my cousin Anita.  It seems that the state of Pennsylvania isn't doing so good getting their senior citizens vaccinated.  They are telling their older citizens that it may be sometime between May and July before they might have the vaccine for them.  I don't know about you but I think this is awful.  The health of these older folks should be their state's first priority right after the medical folks and first responders.

Today I have a couple more photos of the beautiful swans at our local park.  I think it's just amazing how they are coping with all this horrible cold weather.  (photos by Deanne)


Before I go to do some blog reading, let me show you another word that you don't hear much of anymore.  When we were kids, piccalilli was a staple in every home.  Nowadays, we call it relish.

That's it for today.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I'll hope you will have not much side effects of the vaccin. Here we are told that after getting the vaccination, we should stay put for about 15 minutes. Then you can go home.
Having to be 8 hours in company is long, and I think it is a bit much. Still you can feel a bit under the weather after vaccination, perhaps some swelling, of a bit feverish, like in starting a flu, something like that, if okay, it should be gone after a day or two. I didn;t hear here of much trouble with the vaccin(also pfizer), some just don;t feel q00% for a day or two and that's it.
But every individual reacts a bit different.
I cross fingers that ou will be not long in a row to get the vaccin(and is Deanne also in that "buddy"project or not?)

You'll let us know in a day or two how you are doing, okay?

Good you prepared a meal and yes, you can order always a day some good Chinese food you like(is that a good idea??????)

Take care, get home safe and hopefully all goes quick and well.
Hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

I hope all goes well for you. Most of my senior citizen friends have done well with both of our shots. The first shot for me was no worse than a flu shot. Sore arms, tiredness and headaches seem to be the worst of it for most people I know. Will check back tomorrow and see how you are. Take care!

Susie said...

Edna, Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck. Oh this cold weather is helping me any. Ready for spring and sitting on the porch. We are having hard times finding the vaccine places. I have one scheduled for next month. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Kansas Jen said...

Hope the vaccine goes swimmingly. My husband and I both got the vaccine and had no after-effects from the first shot. We also did a drive-through (they used a city bus garage as the site) and it went swimmingly. We waited 15 minutes in a parking lot with a nurse in her car in the lot. If we had any problems or questions we could honk our horn (it WAS 3 degrees). The same is true of others in my family for the first shot - almost no problem but arm soreness. The second shot made 2 of them flu-like for a day. Again they bounced right back. So I have hopes that your day went well.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, from what I hear from those here who have had the vaccine shot, the first shot isn't too bad. It's the second shot where they may not feel 100%. Good Luck to you!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well with your vaccination, and no side-effects. Piccalilli is a staple in most British pantries, pickled onions, cauliflower,in a mustard base. Yum.
Beautiful pictures of your snow, I'm ready for sunshine.
Hugs,
Jo

Theresa said...

We had our first shot a month ago, side effects were a really sore arm, I had a headache which felt like a sinus headache but not anything bad. I hope yours is not bad. We were scheduled to get our 2nd shot today but the weather has delayed that. I hear the 2nd one will make us feel bad, I am ready for it to get it over with. Love the snow pictures:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Chris Allport said...

Hi Edna
Glad to hear that you are having the Covid jab and hope that you don't have any side effects. Hubby and I had our first one (we are in the UK) on 1 February and had no real side effects apart from a sore arm for a couple of days. We had the Pfizer vaccine and drove to the centre about 5 miles away. We went into the hall and registered and then had the jab in the next room (with social distancing). We had to sit for 15 mins and then we could go home.
Thinking of you my dear.
Love Chris Allport.