Monday, February 22, 2021

Lots To Do Today

Good morning.  I stayed under the covers as long as I could this morning.  Oh my, it was so nice and toasty there.  Alas, a rumble from the tummy reminded me that breakfast is overdue.  So I got up and made breakfast.  

My phone app is saying that we can expect rain by mid afternoon, lasting till around nine o'clock tonight.  This is going to make for some wicked slippery roads for the morning work rush.  Temps today will be in the mid thirties, but will be below freezing for tomorrow's early morning traffic.  

Today will be a busy day.  I have several phone calls to make that will take some time.  After that, I really do have to work on my  tax stuff.  I know I keep saying it, but I procrastinate.  Why?  There's just something about doing the tax stuff that I find intimidating.  However, I don't like the idea of having to file late so I'll get it done.

I haven't been in the mood for crocheting but maybe tonight I'll pick it up again.  I just need to make the pockets for the Blue wrap to finish it.  The Aran wrap has less than twenty rows and two pockets to go.  I'm eager to start a new afghan.  I'll be making the doggie ghans while I'm working on the afghan.

Here's an image that I borrowed from the web that has me written all over it.  Hmmm, does this mean that there are other folks like me?


I can't finish this post without posting an image to help our animals.  As human beings, we all need to take responsibility for protecting our animals and keeping our earth safe and clean for all of us.  Please put trash into trash receptacles and not on the ground.  That also means no more balloons and such sent up in the air.  (it can kill birds and other animal life)

Now I'm off to read some blogs before getting started on this new day.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

There are days that staying a while longer in your warm bed is such an attractive idea.
What kind of afghan you will make this time?

You will get that tax stuff done, I know you will and it will be in time. LOL.

Rain is sometimes not bad, to get rid of snow and ice, but it is tricky when at night there is still frost(or the ground is just too damned cold!).

I did some things I planned for today and I feel all happy about it.
Have a nice day, stay safe and warm.
Hug
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I procrastinate on the tax stuff too. It's no fun for anyone! In fact I need to work on ours -- probably this weekend.

Suemn said...

Taxes... Ugh! I usually wait until mid-March before I do mine to make sure all paperwork has been received.