Thursday, February 4, 2021

A Litrtle More Snow

February 4, 2021

Good morning.  Yup, we got a little more snow during the wee hours into early morning.  Just enough to coat everything with a new layer of the white stuff.  Yes, it's pretty.  And yes, it's a pain in the nooftee.  Try looking that word up on Google.  

It's just a word that my brother and I made up years ago.  However, I spent quite a while reading lots of various meanings of the word on Google.  Folks, language is fun.  So have some fun with it.

Well, yesterday I still did not get any call backs from the different plow folks that I had called on Tuesday.  Joe went out and chipped away and shoveled up just about all the chunks of ice from the driveway.  It looked really nice when he was finished.  

I kept busy all day, although I can't really think of anything that I did.  But that's how a lot of my days go now.  I did wrap a couple of small gifts for my daughters Deanne and Audrey.  After I give them the gifts, I'll share what it is.  

Today is probably national "something" day, but I'm not sure what.  So, how about we make it National Be Nice To Someone Day?  This won't cost you anything but a little time.  Helping someone, or just being nice to them can make a big difference in their day.  (next image borrowed from web)

Actually, you know it's really fun to do something nice unexpectedly for someone else.  And, it's good for your soul.  Sometimes, it's only a warm smile to a stranger, or just holding a door for someone.  Nice takes on all sorts of forms.  Try it, you'll like it.

My cousin Anita hasn't been feeling so good lately, so I I'll give her a call to make sure she's on the mend.  She has a little dog and a parrot.  The parrot keeps her in good spirits by talking to her all day long.  This bird has quite a vocabulary, and picks up just about everything it hears.  

Here's another nice image that I borrowed from the web.  It defines "friends" perfectly.  Friends are the treasures in our life.  If we even have one friend, we are blessed.

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh, we are getting some snow and frost from Saturday on, I don;t like it. Nice of Joe to do the hard job of shoveling and ice removing.

Yes, it feels good to be nice for someone, even if it is a little thing, and when yyou get a thank you and smile for it back, it makes your day. It is really true.
And friends re precious, they are the cherry on the cake of life.

I went out today to bing a birthday envelope with something in it to Séverine, she has her birthday next Monday, but I was close to their house, so better brought it myself along. I just handed it over to Danny, who was working at home, Heidi and Séeverine were out. Tomorrow Heidi will come for a quick visit.

Hope your cousin Anita will soon feel better. Good ses has the dog and parrot to keep her company.

Now you have yourself a wonderful day, stay safe and warm.
Hugs
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I am so glad I signed up with a snowplow service this winter. I have a pretty long driveway and I've shoveled and used the snowblower on it for many winter snowfalls. Last year, after having a foot surgery I signed up for the snowplow service as I wasn't able to balance very well on the foot at the time. This year, I decided I liked having the snowplow service so much that I am keeping it. ha! I still need to shovel a bit but having the snow plow service is great as we do get quite a bit of snow each winter.

Theresa said...

Oh snow would be nice, for a day or so:) I love that quote about helping someone, so true! I hope your cousin is on the mend. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!