Sunday, January 31, 2021

A Surprise For Me

January 31, 2021

Good morning.  Have you noticed?  Today is the last day of January.  Spring is getting closer every day.  It's still wicked cold outside, but tomorrow is supposed to get about ten degrees warmer.  Woo Hoo!  

Yesterday Deanne came by after work with a surprise for me.  Oh my, wait till you see my surprise!  It was a blanket and a mask.  But not just any blanket and mask.  They're beautiful!  I love them!  Thank you so much, Deanne.  I hugged my new blanket close to me all night while I slept.


Last night I watched a movie on Amazon Video.  I wanted to watch the original "The Miracle Worker" but it was not available.  Instead, they did have the new version of the movie so I watched that.  It was still a wonderful movie but I had a difficult time making out all the words.  The sound was off, or something.  But I watched the whole thing.

This morning, I'm watching reruns of animated movies.  The Bee Movie, Despicable Me, etc.  When the temps warm up more, I'll get back to my crocheting.  

And while it is this cold outside folks, please remember that it's too cold for your pets.  And the homeless animals too.  Bring your pets indoors and make a warm place for the homeless animals to get out of the cold.

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That was really a big surprise Deanne got you and such a sweet one. The idea is just fantastic and both the presents are beautiful in it's own way.

And a good thing too is that your temperatures will go up a lot. We'll just will have to bear with a bit of cold, it's still winter but we can always dream of nice Spring temperatures, hmmmm?

Take care of yourself, have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra

Dee Jaynes said...

Mom I’m so glad you loved the blanket. I hope it brings you some comfort. I love you.

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, What a wonderful gift from Deanne! Now you will have your memories of little Pogo always with you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute is that! The blanket is very precious! Sure makes you happy to snuggle with it! Take care! Hugs!

Anne M Robinson said...

Oh that blanket is precious. I always thoguht of taking Nick's t shirts from his running days and turn them into a blanket. Hmmm....I hope you love your snuggles in that blanket. HUSG and LOVE