Sunday, January 24, 2021

Tis Fuzzy Sock Weather

January 24, 2021

Good morning.  I stayed off my laptop yesterday, so this morning I had a lot to do before I could type a post here.  My emails were piled up, plus I had images and photos to resize so that I could post them here.  Is it cold where you live?  It is wicked cold here.  It feels like it is just coming up through the floors.  My feet are not happy about it.  

But, I do have some wonderful fuzzy socks that help to keep my feet warm.  However, they do not go well with my flip flops, so today I shall go online and order some flip flop socks.  Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to do anything when your feet are cold?  

How about some fun news?  Have you ever tried to teach your kitty cat tricks?  I've never met a cat who could do tricks.  Till now.  Jasmine has taught Nutmeg how to give "high five" when asked.  You just say "high five" to her and she puts her paw up to your palm.  Here's a photo of her giving SIL Eddie a "high five."  I think this is just awesome.

I called the yarn company a couple days ago to find out why I can't find the right end of the yarn to start with.  The woman there advised me that with any small skeins she just takes the label off and uses the end of yarn that is under the label.  Just pretend it is a ball of yarn and use it that way.  I said thank you, and then I tried it.  It worked.

I picked out the skein of Pink Grapefruit scrubby yarn and a Pastel Pink cotton yarn (you work with two strands of yarn) and promptly made three dish cloths.  Oh my, they are really pretty.  Then I used the Lemon scrubby yarn and Sunflower Yellow cotton yarn to start another set.  This yellow is soooo pretty!   Here's a photo of these two.  The yellow cloth has since been finished and another started.  

In between, I manage to put a row or two on each of the two pocket wraps that I'm working on.  There's no deadline date to have any of these projects finished so I'm taking my time.  

I've decided that as soon as the weather warms up, I'm going to replace Ring with what I really wanted in the first place.  A camera and a screen that is always on so that I can see who and what is in my yard just by looking up at the screen.  I may keep the Ring for when I am not at home.  We'll see.

I'm also going to buy a new rug to put on my little porch and have the screens and railings all cleaned.  It gets dirty and dusty over the winter.  This year we did not put the screen covers on so it will be extra dirty.  

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear you have a cold weather and yes, it is hard to get anything done when having cold feet and feeling comfortable. Flip flops with flip flop fuzzy socks could be nice, but when it is so very cold(and your floors are cold) may be some really warm full slippers I saw several real good ones on the web. They look so warm and comfortable.

Nutmet is adorable. You can learn young cats some things, but it is marder than with a dog. Cats are more like: "Oh today I like, I will be of service"and next time"Pfff, again????? They can do it themselves"LOL!

I think the other ring stuff with constant screen on is a better thing than the one with the app. I don't know if it is very expensive, but seems a lot handier.

With new yarn to find the beginning I too sometimes take the end under the label. It works amay be not so easy, but I have the knot in a plastic pot, standing on the floor and it works well for me.

The scrubby yellow one looks awesome! It is such a happy color.

Okay, it is time for me to watch some soccer competition on tv, so I send you a big hug and wishes for a wonderful day. If you want some links perhaps for the slippers let me know, I will send them by mail. No trouble at all.
Kyra

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Yes, it's cold here too. I love the happy colors you picked to make your dishcloths.