Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Pasta And Yarn. Perfection!

January 27, 2021

Good morning.  Well, we did get the snow yesterday.  Not tons of it, just enough to cover everything.  Let's see what today brings.  Just think, only fifty two days till Spring!  Hopefully, the warm weather will come with it.  Last year, the cold temps stayed during Spring.

Yesterday, I did make a big pot of pasta and meat sauce.  Yum, yum, yum!  I won't worry about freezing it because it won't last long enough for that.  When I make a big pot, I usually end up giving one or two bowls of it to one of the dwarfs. 

There's been no one here to model my pocket wrap so I hung it on a hanger with my dress and took a photo.  The photo doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea.

Last night I made a second Grape scrubby dish cloth, then worked on the Aran pocket wrap for a while.  Today I'll make a third Grape scrubby cloth, then I think I'll start one with the Watermelon scrubby yarn.  These colors are such fun to work with.  I think I'd like to get a few more.  Like Fuchsia and Lime and Petal Pink.  

My new Herrschner's catalogue came yesterday, and it had a picture of an afghan  that would be perfect for using up lots of left over yarns.  I'm thinking I just might try this.  Isn't this just sooo pretty?

You know, I was thinking that this might make a really pretty wrap too.  What do you think?  Actually, I think I might make one.  This is one of my favorite patterns.  

I just went out to get the mail.  It's been snowing again and it looks like a few inches has settled on everything.  It's also cold out there.  PLEASE bring your pets indoors and make a comfortable shelter outside where the homeless animals can go to keep warm.  (next image borrowed from web)

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  Till next time, stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, The pocket wrap that you've completed looks like it will bring calmness and warmth:) Again, you do such nice work! I think that if you make a pocket wrap out of the yarn colors in the picture of the afghan, it will bring you lots of cheer because they are happy colors. Almost spring like, don't you think? Enjoy your pasta and meat sauce on this cold day. It's always nice to have leftovers so it's a day of no cooking.

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, it is best to eat the pasta when it is just made. Your pocket wrap looks great(love the littl detail ith the colored button on the pocket) It is great to wear during crispy spring days, or on a summer day evening.
Hmmm, your new project looks a happy one. Such anafghan in all kind of colors is funny, and yes, you also cold make a pocket wrap in several happy colors(and indeed good way to use up left over yearns)
I today went out to have me a new pair of glasses. Now it is okay, several weeks after cataract operation. You do need a well filled wallet for it, but I think I managed to go to a good optician and still not too expensive. If all is okay I can pick it up in about 10 days. Will be great to be able to see everything okay again.

Now you stay warm and have a fabulous day.
Warm hugs
Kyra

Buttercup said...

Love the pocket wrap. So good for this time of year. I also like the rainbow afghan. That would really cheer up winter days. I use an afghan my mother crocheted in the 1950s (maybe earlier) and I love seeing it on my bed. It's kind of like a hug from my mother, who is long gone. Our snow didn't stick and we have one (or two) more days before it really gets cold. Take care and stay cozy!

Beth Reed said...

Oh what a pretty wrap and I love the colors of the wrap and the afghan. I think that the colors would be so pretty made with lots of colors and bring you lots of happy days.

The pasta and meat sauce sounds wonderful. I might have Nathan make his pasta. He does a wonderful recipe. He adds a tsp. Cinnamon to his meat sauce. I had never heard of that before but I like it.

I'm off to read some more of your blog posts. It has been a hectic couple of weeks here on my end but I am slowly trying to catch up on all of my to do lists a little at a time. Who ever said that once your no longer working then I would have a lot more time has never met me. For some reason I never have the time that I think that I should have lol.
XOXOXO hugs and love to you and Pogo.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Now, pasta is exactly what I am thinking about for tomorrow night's dinner, Edna. Only instead of a pasta sauce, I plan to make an Alfredo sauce using a head of cauliflower that needs using up this week. But pasta and meat sauce is great comfort food after a snowfall. We got about 3-4 inches in Nashua, NH. It looked so pretty last night when it was really coming down and early this morning. This afternoon, I walked to the post office and CVS and the only signs were the snow cleared sidewalks. There's the possibility of more snow next week, which would be OK with me. That pocket wrap looks like a handy item and yes a wrap made using the colors in that catalogue would be so cherful, especially now.