Sunday, January 17, 2021

Getting A Late Start Today

January 17, 2021

Good morning.  Brrrr!  Tis a cold one here in New England.  My phone app tells me that it is 41F degrees outside, but sitting here in my living room, it feels like 20F degrees.  Actually, today is a bit of a little heat wave for us because the temps are going to start dropping.  

I have a lilac fuzzy blanket wrap (with sleeves) that zips up, and I guess that I'll be wearing it a lot for a while.   It's difficult to do things while I'm wearing this layer of warmth, so I'll be resting a lot till it warms up a bit.  (any excuse in a storm to snuggle under warm covers)

Last night, and again this morning, I tried to put together a grocery order to be delivered, but the rules are changing and WalMart is not letting frozen items to be delivered or picked up.  You have to go into the store now to buy these items.  I checked a couple other stores, but did not like the items or brands being offered.  This is not funny.  It puts a whole new crimp in my grocery shopping.

***I stopped here***started back up at 2:50 p,m,***

My daughter Deanne stopped by and we've been researching why these changes in the shopping.  I called WalMart and spoke to a manager who said he would look into it.  Deanne found a link online that actually fixed the problem, at least for today.  I was able to place an order for delivery.  (it was probably just a .com problem.)

Deanne found this online and I just had to share it here.  This is just too funny, and probably so true!

I also want to share this cute image that I borrowed from the web.  This is how us doggie parents do things.

Now I'm getting hungry and I want to do some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There may be some truth in that poster about Amazon and vaccinations, Edna. here in NH, we can register by the end of this coming week, since now all folks 65 and older are eligible. I wonder if other delivery places have the same rule about frozen food items. We have never used that service, but go weekly to the local grocery store, usually Hannaford.

smiekeltje said...

Best thing is to first get comfy and warm so that wrap sounds good. And pity is you cannot do too much wearing it, first get warm and then you'll see what you will wear doing some little jobs!
Don;t forget to have warm socks and slippers, when your feet and underlegs are warm, you easier get warm!

Strange thing that Wallmarkt suddenly doesn;t deliver frozen stuff! wonderful that Deanne could sort it out for you for now, I hope it was just a kind of software mistake from Wallmart.

You made me giggle with that sign from the web about the vaccination. It could be a solution, as long as there are enough vaccins for everybody! Here too the vaccination seems to go rather slow, but... better something than nothing. let's stay optimistic.

I just finished changing the sheets and duvet covers on our bed, it was really time for it. Now I have a short break and then on to next job, I think some hoovering and maybe part of the room also mopping. We'll see how the energy holds LOL!

Have a lovely day, stay warm, roll yourself in in lots of fuzzy blankets, hahaha,
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Yep, that's not good if you can get all of your groceries except frozen. I buy a lot of freezer items. Hope that gets all worked out going forward. I love the Amazon cartoon, it's true. We are having trouble getting an appointment for the vaccine. Hopefully one day soon, we can get it. Have a warm and cozy day dear friend, HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We are still ordering our groceries and it sure has been great! Love that dog photo. I've been thinking about getting one and figuring out all the challenges...haven't thought of this one! lol Hugs!

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,
It's been cold here in my part of SC as well. 40's for highs which is unusual for us but they say it's the grand solar minimum which is some kind of cycle the earth goes through so many hundreds of years. I don't really understand much of it. Is Walmart really not allowing people to order frozen items? That's really going to mess me up when I put in my monthly order with them next month. Did you ever find out why?

I hope you're having a good day today!
XO