Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Another Blogaversary

January 20, 2021

Good morning.  It's not quite 6:30 am yet, but I've been up for hours.  I seem to be falling asleep during the evening, and waking up shortly after midnight.  Not the best for me, so I'm hoping this changes back to something a bit more normal soon.

My mind is escaping me again.  Two days ago I began my fourteenth year blogging.  I started my blog on January 18, 2008.  I had meant to mention this on my blog on the eighteenth.  A blogger friend, Snow Raven, helped me to get started.   And yes, she still blogs.  Look up her blog to see some of beautiful creations.

I did not get to do my laundry yesterday.  I was kept busy throughout the day bringing in packages with things that I had ordered.  After letting them sit for a while, I then had the task of putting these things away.  Deanne came by after work and brought me some apple turnovers.  Yummy!  I had two of them for lunch!

One of the packages that came was the one with my new delicious scrubby yarns.  Oh my, they are sooooo pretty!  As soon as I can, I'll take a photo of them.  Or, as I make a cloth with each color, I'll photograph it.

Let me share a photo of  Deanne's little dog, Sassy, trying out the new self heating pad that we got for her bed.  She seems to like it.  Isn't she just the cutest!

I don't know if I mentioned before, but a few nights ago, while crocheting the blue pocket wrap, I discovered that something wasn't right.  It looked as though I had missed a stitch or two somewhere.  But where?  I already had more than 130 rows (out of 160) done.  Oh my, I found the boo boo.  I only had to rip out all but the first sixty rows in order to correct the problem.  Because this was going to be a gift, I ripped out the rows and made a huge ball of yarn to start over with.

After putting back a couple rows of the Blue, I decided to work on a new pocket wrap at the same time.  So I started another one with Aran yarn.  (color is a cross between ecru and ivory)  This way, I'll work on the Blue one for a while, then switch over to the Aran one for a while.   In between, I'll make scrubby cloths with my new scrubby yarn. 

Today I'm waiting for just a few more items to arrive from my "paper goods" order from WalMart that I placed a few days ago.  That should take care of all the orders that I had placed.  

Here's an image that I borrowed from the web.  It brought back memories.  This is how I used to bring in my laundry many years ago.  I did my laundry by hand in the tub or sink (until I finally got a washing machine), then hung everything outside on the clothesline.  In winter, everything would freeze.


Well, my eyes are getting tired now so I think I'll try to catch a few winks.  In the meantime, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, Sassy is just adorable. It sounds like you'll be kept quite busy with all your crochet projects and I'm looking forward to seeing them. Aw, having to rip out so many rows of crocheting. I am just glad you love crocheting.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy Blogversary to you, Edna, and wish you could celebrate with a piece of this 🎂
Glad to see Sassy looking so comfortable with the new heating pad and even humans like them!
Laundry is also on my to-do list this week, just like every week.😀

Theresa said...

I remember the clothes hanging on the line out behind our house. Times sure were different back then. We have it easy in a lot of ways from the way things used to be:) Enjoy your day dear friend, hope it is a great one for you! HUGS!

smiekeltje said...

May be you can do the paundry today, or tomorrow is also a good day LOL. Pity you had to rip off a lot of your blue pocket wrap, but.... it keeps us busy hey? Good idea to change working on the wrap to another one every now and then.
I am almost there to crochet together parts of a new cover for the couch(couch is old and not too good to look at, so for now covers are making it look a bit better, we do need to have a new couch, but now isnlt the time to buy one is it?)
Then I should think of a new projet, must keep busy with the hands in the evening.
I think Sassy likes her new bed, now hoping it will help her.
Appe turnovers are yummie, even sometimes better when you warm them up a little bit.
Gosh, you already are blogging for so long. I looked back and found out I started blogging in June 2008. So long ago, and we were so oung still hahaha.

You enjoyt your nap, when your eyes tell you you need one, cuddle up in a warm fuzzy blanket and close your eyes!
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra